Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Federal worker(Work experience points) 15 points

Federal worker(Work experience points) 15 points

Old May 12th 2022, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Waqas.fsc.489 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Federal worker(Work experience points) 15 points

Hi every one,
I am newbie in this group. I am planning to apply for canada. I got professional work experience from year 18th October, 2007 till 30th April, 2018.
As per federal worker work experience guidelines, my work experience should be in last 10 years.

Now its May 2022, So according to calculation, Either I will be eligible for 5 years experience or 6 years of experience?

Thanks in advance
Old May 12th 2022, 5:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal worker(Work experience points) 15 points

Hi, welcome to BE.

What is your CRS score?

You’ll need to count backward 10 years from when you apply, and then only count full years in that time. So if you were to apply now it would take you to May 2012, so by my calculations that will give you 3 years of skilled work experience (11 points). But having enough points to enter the pool is one thing, scoring high enough on the CRS to get selected is another.

What was the NOC code for that job, and what have you been doing since 2018? If it was another job then what was the NOC code for that?

Give us your points scores and NOC codes and we can try and help.
Old May 12th 2022, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks alot @ christmasoompa.

I have done my degree assessment with WES and my degrees are equivalent to Canadian three years bachelors.
I got IELTS general (L=9,R=7.5,S=7.5,W=6).
I am from Pakistan born year 1985 and got experience of noc code 2147
Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) october 2007 till April, 2018.
Then i took break from my profession.
From 2020 I am teaching in Vietnam with noc code 4023 Elementary school and kindergarten teacher.
I am planning to apply for Alberta for Noc code 2147
Moreover, I am single.
I dont have any job offer.
Kindly advice.
Old May 12th 2022, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Regarding to my experience time calculation

May-2022 till May-2012= 10 years
As i stopped working in May-2018(i.e. 30th April, 2018)
Therefore, difference will be
May- 2018 minus May-2012 = 6 years

Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks
Old May 12th 2022, 6:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Doh, clearly I hadn’t had enough coffee this morning when I thought it was 3 years! It’s 5 though for that job, not 6 - you can only count full years.

But why aren’t you counting your time as a teacher? That’s a skilled job too.

What’s your CRS score?
Old May 13th 2022, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply.
I am getting CRS score 346.
My experience as a teacher is also skilled. That is nice to know.
so it means that I got 6 years of experience?
Moreover, as Alberta need only noc 2147 people, so applying with two differenr NOC codes will effect my application for Alberta Pnp?
Old May 13th 2022, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Sorry my CRS score is 366. as Today i submit my profile in express entry for Alberta.
Old May 13th 2022, 9:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Waqas.fsc.489
Thanks for reply.
I am getting CRS score 346.
My experience as a teacher is also skilled. That is nice to know.
so it means that I got 6 years of experience?
Moreover, as Alberta need only noc 2147 people, so applying with two differenr NOC codes will effect my application for Alberta Pnp?
Yes, that's 6 years then for your FSW score.

Which PNP stream are you hoping to qualify for, you mention NOC 2147 so presumably the Tech Pathway? You do need a job offer for that though, which could be tricky if you haven't worked in that NOC code for over 4 years.
Old May 13th 2022, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

thanks for reply.

I check the invitation pool selection for Alberta as per their own data, last person to get letter go CRS score 356.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-processi...inventory.aspx

As i got CRS 366, so i might be lucky to get the invitation letter from AAIP( without having job offer) in the next round or coming days?
Old May 13th 2022, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

++ing comments

I am hopping to get Alberta Express Entry stream. As it is most feasible for me without any job offer
Old May 13th 2022, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks for reply.

I check the invitation pool selection for Alberta as per their own data, last person to get letter go CRS score 356.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-processi...inventory.aspx

As i got CRS 366, so i might be lucky to get the invitation letter from AAIP( without having job offer) in the next round or coming days?
OK, so you're looking at the EE stream rather than the Tech stream? 300 is the minimum score, yes, but your current NOC code is one on their Ineligible Occupations list, so in all honestly I don't think you've got any chance without a job offer in NOC 2147. https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-...igibility.aspx

As per the AINP webpage:

"Meeting one or more of the following adaptability factors may also increase your likelihood of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:
  • you have an Alberta job offer
  • you are a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
  • you have a parent, child, brother or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
  • French is your first language"
Unless you have a family member that is in Alberta, your best chance would be a job offer.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 13th 2022 at 4:46 pm.
Old May 16th 2022, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks for advice and suggestions appreciated.
I Just mentioned my 2147 NOC code in express entry profile. I didn't mentioned my current job.
You are right. I am also looking for job as well but not sure.
As I read on their website, Tech pathway needs job offer, therefore, I don't have so cannot apply for that.

Based on my CRS score 366, are there chances that my profile will be selected in next Alberta draw? As score is higher than past draws.....thanks
Old May 16th 2022, 7:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I Just mentioned my 2147 NOC code in express entry profile. I didn't mentioned my current job.
But you said you haven't done that job since 2018? Did you include your other jobs in the work history section?

Your score isn't the only thing that matters, they will chose those scoring lower than you if they have a job offer there or one of their other factors i.e. family in AB etc.
Old May 16th 2022, 7:34 am
Just Joined

I have only included my NOC 2147 job experience that is till 2018, my other experience after 2018 I didn't mentioned there. So my job experience is in express entry profile is from 2007 till 2018 NOC 2147.
Is that ok or is there problem with not mentioning other experience after 2018?

Last edited by Waqas.fsc.489; May 16th 2022 at 7:36 am.
Old May 16th 2022, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for sharing information.

So my best shot will be to get job offer to being eligible for selection in pool. Correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.