Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Federal Skilled Worker Class - Question - URGENT

Federal Skilled Worker Class - Question - URGENT

Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:46 am
Just Joined

ganesh_g81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Federal Skilled Worker Class - Question - URGENT

Hi All,
I am an electrical and electronics engineer (NOC # 2133) completing my Ph.D July 2010. I would like to apply to Canadian immigration under Federal Skilled worker class. I have one year of work experience in 2133 code.

I am not sure if it broadly be classified as Computer and Information systems Manager 0213. Can I apply using the 0213 code for my background?

or Do I have to have experience in one of the 38 listed occupations to apply under FSW category?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:56 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal Skilled Worker Class - Question - URGENT

Originally Posted by ganesh_g81

or Do I have to have experience in one of the 38 listed occupations to apply under FSW category?
Yes.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
I am an electrical and electronics engineer (NOC # 2133) completing my Ph.D July 2010. I would like to apply to Canadian immigration under Federal Skilled worker class. I have one year of work experience in 2133 code.

I am not sure if it broadly be classified as Computer and Information systems Manager 0213. Can I apply using the 0213 code for my background?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Have you checked the detailed 'duties' for the NOC you mention that is on the list, can you prove experience in this duties.

Hope this helps

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:47 am
Just Joined

ganesh_g81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks to both for immediate reply. As I said my background is in Electrical Engineering and I have worked for an year with telecom industry/computer industry for chip design. I am not sure if this comes under "0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers". My question is can i choose the other code 2133 Electrical and Electronic Engineer and still be able to qualify under FSW?

please let me know in detail. I appreciate that.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Have you checked the detailed 'duties' for the NOC you mention that is on the list, can you prove experience in this duties.

Hope this helps

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi,
Thanks to both for immediate reply. As I said my background is in Electrical Engineering and I have worked for an year with telecom industry/computer industry for chip design. I am not sure if this comes under "0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers". My question is can i choose the other code 2133 Electrical and Electronic Engineer and still be able to qualify under FSW?

please let me know in detail. I appreciate that.

Thanks.
0213 is a Manager position, so to qualify you have to have had management responsibilities, read the main duties. 2113 is not on the list of "38" and doesn't qualify.