Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Hi,

Just thought (if there is'nt already one) to dedicate a thread for this years FSW applications.

Always good to keep track on CIC's efficiency if anything else!

Here's ours so far..
- Forms received by CIC on July 10th.. No acknowledgent, PER/NER as of yet

Anyone heard anything yet?
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Hi there,

I'm looking to find out more too about how long it takes to hear back from CIO? I send my app on August 25th and they received it on 5th September however I have not heard directly from CIO that they have received it. Do they usually confirm they have received it and if so how long does this take?

KetanP
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:33 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by KetanP
Hi there,

I'm looking to find out more too about how long it takes to hear back from CIO? I send my app on August 25th and they received it on 5th September however I have not heard directly from CIO that they have received it. Do they usually confirm they have received it and if so how long does this take?

KetanP

Since CIO Sydney is working on applications received in late May early June, you can figure on about 3 months or so before your receive an AOR.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 5:23 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was received 26th May, credit card charged 10th September, PER issued 17th September. Taking into account kaylawalya and Ketan you both still have a few months yet before you get any indication from CIO sydney that your application is being processed.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I never thought the day would come when I would be writing down our own fsw timeline / updates, especially positive ones! lol

So we got our Positive Eligibility Review / email from cic (4th Nov). Credit card also charged (29th Oct)

I have asked this in another thread but is probably more relevant here with people in the same boat.

But what exactly happens next?! Do London visa office now 'thoroughly re-check' our application and 'cross the t's + dot the i's'?
If everything is in order do they request a medical?

Can I also confirm that we now just wait until London visa office request any further information from us. i.e. Police certificates..

I know the processing times on the cic website state "27 months" But is that the whole process from start to finish, how long roughly until you are contacted for medicals etc?

Thanks.

Last edited by Kaylawayla; Nov 10th 2014 at 8:23 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It's sent to London, but there won't be anything happening with it for a while as it'll just be in a pile waiting to be looked at. But once it gets to the top of that pile (in about a year or so as a rough guide, going on current timescales) it'll be checked, background checks etc will be done, and you'll receive medical requests if the app is all ok.

HTH a bit, and congrats on the PER.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's sent to London, but there won't be anything happening with it for a while as it'll just be in a pile waiting to be looked at. But once it gets to the top of that pile (in about a year or so as a rough guide, going on current timescales) it'll be checked, background checks etc will be done, and you'll receive medical requests if the app is all ok.

HTH a bit, and congrats on the PER.
Hey, Thanks for your reply.
First stage passed eh lol.

Being a bit pernickety, but what exactly do London do differently in terms of checking the form? If there was any discrepancies would CIO not have picked up on it and rejected it?

And maybe thinking a little negatively, but what are the chances of things going wrong from here on in? Barring a failed medical what other unfortunate surprises have caused people in the past to be rejected...(after a POSITIVE eligibility review!) lol
Old Nov 10th 2014, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaylawayla
Being a bit pernickety, but what exactly do London do differently in terms of checking the form? If there was any discrepancies would CIO not have picked up on it and rejected it?
No, because the CIO don't check the content of your forms or supporting docs - they simply check you've included everything that should have been sent.

So they check everything on the checklist has been included and that you've signed the forms in all the right places, but it's the immi officer at London that will actually check you score enough points, that your duties qualify you under the NOC code you've applied under, etc.

HTH.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 11:18 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick update, our app is with CPC Ottawa and we had Medical request and RPRF request 31st October. Did the medical and paid the fee on 3rd November.

Back to waiting now
Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

pennydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Same boat as you Kayla - I'm now praying they don't contact my work place as I've not told them anything since it's ages away yet
Old May 7th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Further update on our application for anyone who is interested..

Received medical request / email from immigration office in London on
- 28th April.

They want:
- Medicals
- further up to date Police Certificates
- Right of permanent residence fee
- Another Schedule A form

All to be sent before 30 days...
On waiting for the return of the P.certificates which take approx 10 days, we'll be cutting it fine to send it to London....
Old May 7th 2015, 9:16 am
Just Joined

pennydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roberto1980

- 28th April.

They want:
- Medicals

On waiting for the return of the P.certificates which take approx 10 days, we'll be cutting it fine to send it to London....
I've done the above just waiting on our medicals tomorrow! Good luck with the police check turnaround, we applied for ours before the medical and did it standard speed and it got there in time so I hope you have a similar experience.
Old May 7th 2015, 9:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

You can pay a bit extra for premium service, which is only 2 working days - if you're worried about getting it back in time, that seems an obvious solution to me! It's really quick.

HTH.
Old May 7th 2015, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we noticed that option. Lets hope we don't rue the decision to choose the standard process.

We sent it on Tuesday 5th, next day delivery. so with 10 working days processing plus a day or two for delivery on their part, the certificates should arrive 21st/22nd/23rd May... So they will be straight in the post that day along with the other documents with a next day delivery postage... As I said, bit close to the bone.
Old May 8th 2015, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

- 28th April.

They want:
- Medicals

Hi, Congrats on getting your medical request - always a good sign.

Can you advise how long it took you to hear from office in London for the medical request?

I sent my application on 25th August 2014, and on 18th December had an email from CIO saying my app was accepted for a detail review. I believe now if all my documents are ok I will be asked to go for a medical and I'm trying to understand how long this might take? I'm guessing I might hear by late summer/early autumn 2015 - but that is me being optimistic.

p.s. I've seen some people talk about PER (Positive Eligibility Review) and I am wondering if the confirmation/acceptance I received on 18th December is my PER? or does the PER come later in the process from the London office?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.