FBI No Record Certificate

Old May 24th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

houstonian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI No Record Certificate

I've submitted my FBI No Record Certificate with my initial application.

- To any of you who have received initial assessment and submitted FBI Certificate with your initial application: Did Buffalo ask you to update and re-submitt the FBI Certificate?

- How long is an FBI No Record Certificate valid for? 6 months, 9 months or 1 year?

Please share your experience/thoughts.

Thanks
Old May 24th 2004, 12:48 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI No Record Certificate

If you continue to reside in US after the date of your application then you will be asked for updated FBI certificate close to the end of the process.

If you don't reside anymore in US after application date and notified Buffalo about change of your residential address then it is possible that you won't be asked for updated certificate.

Buffalo specific instruction clearly states that FBI certificate will be required at later stage.

Originally posted by houstonian
I've submitted my FBI No Record Certificate with my initial application.

- To any of you who have received initial assessment and submitted FBI Certificate with your initial application: Did Buffalo ask you to update and re-submitt the FBI Certificate?

- How long is an FBI No Record Certificate valid for? 6 months, 9 months or 1 year?

Please share your experience/thoughts.

Thanks
Old May 24th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Currently, we still reside in US until Feb/2006. Anyway, we'll find out when we receive our assessment letter shortly -- we anticipate to received it within few weeks. We're just thinking if we could expedite the overall process by start the process of getting FBI certificate before we received the assessment. That way, we can respond to their requests promptly.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
If you continue to reside in US after the date of your application then you will be asked for updated FBI certificate close to the end of the process.

If you don't reside anymore in US after application date and notified Buffalo about change of your residential address then it is possible that you won't be asked for updated certificate.

Buffalo specific instruction clearly states that FBI certificate will be required at later stage.
Old May 24th 2004, 2:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you applied before October 2003 then you may expect assessment notice soon - if your application package was conclusive enough to get you interview waiver then you will be asked to do medicals and provide FBI certificate within 60 or 90 days - thus getting fingerprints out to FBI now is quite a good idea.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your prompt reply. Currently, we still reside in US until Feb/2006. Anyway, we'll find out when we receive our assessment letter shortly -- we anticipate to received it within few weeks. We're just thinking if we could expedite the overall process by start the process of getting FBI certificate before we received the assessment. That way, we can respond to their requests promptly.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Hey Houstonian

How did ypu pay the application fee? in US$, US money order? in Can$?

thanks
Old May 26th 2004, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

You mean for FBI Certificate? They only receive Money Order or Certified Check made payable to US Treasury, $18 per person. This is for FBI, so it's definitely in US$.

Check this out
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.html

Originally posted by MadHatters
Hey Houstonian

How did ypu pay the application fee? in US$, US money order? in Can$?

thanks
Old May 26th 2004, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

No. I am talking aboput the application processing fee. How did you do that? money ordr in can$ us$ payable to whom?

mad hatters

You mean for FBI Certificate? They only receive Money Order or Certified Check made payable to US Treasury, $18 per person. This is for FBI, so it's definitely in US$.

Check this out
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.html
Old May 26th 2004, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

I paid the fees in US$, pls check this URL for further details. Quite straightforward:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...at=68&did=1261

No. I am talking aboput the application processing fee. How did you do that? money ordr in can$ us$ payable to whom?

mad hatters
Old May 28th 2004, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Hey Houstonian

I am assuming you are in Houston. I am in college station TX. Do you have an email or phone where we can discuss our applications? By the way, where are you from?
My phone is 979-845 3897

Mad Hatters

I paid the fees in US$, pls check this URL for further details. Quite straightforward:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...at=68&did=1261
Old May 28th 2004, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mad hatters, yes you can send me an email if you'd like to discuss, just click the email button and it will directly go to my email inbox ...

houstonian

Hey Houstonian

I am assuming you are in Houston. I am in college station TX. Do you have an email or phone where we can discuss our applications? By the way, where are you from?
My phone is 979-845 3897

Mad Hatters