Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FBI Fingerprints returned, cheque not accepted

Wikiposts

FBI Fingerprints returned, cheque not accepted

Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:12 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Unhappy FBI Fingerprints returned, cheque not accepted

Today I got my FPs back from the FBI with a comment Check not payable to US Treasury.

Currently living in Europe I have asked my US Bank to send me a certified Checque payable to US Treasury.

What they sent me is a certified checque payable to me. (Some Bank Idiot -xcuse my language - thought it made perfect sense for me to issue a certified cheque to myself :scared: )

When I called them on that they said: "just endorse it and write pay to the order of US Treasury on the back, no problem"

Unfortunately FBI did not agree and now I am back where I started, + the FBI took 3 months to find out it did not accept my cheque and notify me.

Sorry just venting, breathe in......breathe out......check E-Client......breathe in.....breathe out......check E-Client....

OK feeling better

So now I will get a new Certified Checque, resubmit my Fingerprints and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait another 2-3 months for the FBI.

Last edited by mhhp; Jan 7th 2005 at 2:16 am.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FBI Fingerprints returned, cheque not accepted

Originally Posted by mhhp
Today I got my FPs back from the FBI with a comment Check not payable to US Treasury.

Currently living in Europe I have asked my US Bank to send me a certified Checque payable to US Treasury.

What they sent me is a certified checque payable to me. (Some Bank Idiot -xcuse my language - thought it made perfect sense for me to issue a certified cheque to myself :scared: )

When I called them on that they said: "just endorse it and write pay to the order of US Treasury on the back, no problem"

Unfortunately FBI did not agree and now I am back where I started, + the FBI took 3 months to find out it did not accept my cheque and notify me.

Sorry just venting, breathe in......breathe out......check E-Client......breathe in.....breathe out......check E-Client....

OK feeling better

So now I will get a new Certified Checque, resubmit my Fingerprints and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait another 2-3 months for the FBI.
WOW ..yeah keep breathing..i think i will join you too.... breathe in breathe out..count to ten 12345678910.
i am so sorry that this happened for you. i hope it all works in your favour. Immigration isn't easy is it.? or is it.?maybe it is and it' is all just a process. good luck with your endeavours
Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:56 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
WOW ..yeah keep breathing..i think i will join you too.... breathe in breathe out..count to ten 12345678910.
i am so sorry that this happened for you. i hope it all works in your favour. Immigration isn't easy is it.? or is it.?maybe it is and it' is all just a process. good luck with your endeavours
Thanks Maple Leaf,

I have been reading your posts and keeping my fingers Xed for you too. I am sure all will be fine and you will be with your loved one soon, ....for good.

I guess its just good not be alone and to have someone to listen and comment when we have our occasional nearvous breakdown.

After the initial shock I have come to the conclusion, that this is not going to be so bad after all, because I put in for RCMP at the same time as FBI, and RCMP takes twice as long, so 2*FBI=RCMP.... which means I am not likely to loose anything in overall processing time since my RCMP isnt likely to come in for another 12 weeks.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Maple Leaf,

I have been reading your posts and keeping my fingers Xed for you too. I am sure all will be fine and you will be with your loved one soon, ....for good.

I guess its just good not be alone and to have someone to listen and comment when we have our occasional nearvous breakdown.

After the initial shock I have come to the conclusion, that this is not going to be so bad after all, because I put in for RCMP at the same time as FBI, and RCMP takes twice as long, so 2*FBI=RCMP.... which means I am not likely to loose anything in overall processing time since my RCMP isnt likely to come in for another 12 weeks.

mhhp,

Sorry to hear about this. It would definitely help if you include a letter to the FBI with your fingerprints(and the correct check) stating that you need the results back in say, 4-6 weeks (whatever you think is reasonable including mail time). It was my experience that they do read the letter. You can even state what happened with you last request and that you need to make up for the wasted time. Case is pending because of that, bla bla bla... Just don't make it too long.

Good luck,

Beshah
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:25 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by Henok3
mhhp,

Sorry to hear about this. It would definitely help if you include a letter to the FBI with your fingerprints(and the correct check) stating that you need the results back in say, 4-6 weeks (whatever you think is reasonable including mail time). It was my experience that they do read the letter. You can even state what happened with you last request and that you need to make up for the wasted time. Case is pending because of that, bla bla bla... Just don't make it too long.

Good luck,

Beshah
Thanks, will take your advise
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

bhartiamit is an unknown quantity at this point

When you send your finger prints, you can call the FBI and request them to expedite teh process. explain the situation and they DO listen to you... weird but it's true. So try calling thenm..... u have nothing to lose

Good Luck

Thanks, will take your advise
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by bhartiamit
When you send your finger prints, you can call the FBI and request them to expedite teh process. explain the situation and they DO listen to you... weird but it's true. So try calling thenm..... u have nothing to lose

Good Luck
Thanks, will do

That is one thing I had not expected. I guess there is customer service after all
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Chris Geisel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, will do

That is one thing I had not expected. I guess there is customer service after all
I can second this advice. I spoke with some of the folks at Criminal Justice Information Services Division @ FBI and they recommended that putting the date you need the report on the outside of your envelope, so they can tell it needs to be expedited without opening it.

They also suggested I include a self-addressed FedEx envelope on the inside, however they said to only fill in a FedEx account number to pay for it, not a credit card (for security reasons).

I did both things and they got the report back to me within 2-3 weeks.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

bhartiamit is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI
FBI- RECORDS DIVISION phone 304-625-2000
Good Luck with that.

Thanks, will do