Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FBI Fingerprint - Form/Card- please Help.

Wikiposts

FBI Fingerprint - Form/Card- please Help.

Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:45 pm
Banned

nathan_1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI Fingerprint - Form/Card- please Help.

I need help in filling the FBI fingerprint form. I have searched the forum on this topic and I found lot of information though want to confirm the following:

1. I called FBI washignton office today and they asked me to download the form from web if I have access to Internet. I asked them about the FBI Card and they indicated they accept both web form and treat them same way as the card.

I want to know is this web form acceptable to CIC.
Also, the web form is already filled with the field-- "ORI - DC000000Z, CJIS - WV- SCU-D2, CLARKSBURG, WV". Is it ok to have this field filled already.

If we have to only use the FBI card, can we use it if available with the Fingerprinting agency. I wish I could reduce as much as time I can from my side as I have a long wait to ge the result back. Please advise.

2. In the web form,
a. For the field Miscellaneous NO. MNU, the instruction sheet (page 2 of the web form) talks about "Miscellaneous NO. RECORD: OTHER ARMED FORCES NO. PASSPORT NO. (FP), ALIEN REGISTRATION NO. (AR), PORT SECURITY CARD NO. (PS), SELECTIVE SERVICE NO. (SS), VETERANS' ADMINSTRATION CLAIM NO. (VA)".

I find that in previous posts this field need not be filled. I wanted to check as there are references to "PASSPORT NO. (FP), ALIEN REGISTRATION NO. (AR)". Don't we have to fill our passport #, I-94 # in this field.

b.EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS- The instruction sheet specifies - Identify of Private Contractors should be shown in SPACE "EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS". The contributor is the name of the agency submitting the fingerprint card to the FBI. -- I saw two different responses - no need to fill and another to fill "Current Employer Name and address". Please suggest what's the correct thing to do.

Apologies for asking these questions again as it has been already answered in previous posts.Wanted to know what this really means.

Please advise. Thanks very much in advance.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:35 pm
Banned

nathan_1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI Fingerprint - Form/Card- please Help.

I would like to have advice from the forum to complete the web form. Thanks for your time. Please help.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by nathan_1972
I need help in filling the FBI fingerprint form. I have searched the forum on this topic and I found lot of information though want to confirm the following:

1. I called FBI washignton office today and they asked me to download the form from web if I have access to Internet. I asked them about the FBI Card and they indicated they accept both web form and treat them same way as the card.

Also, the web form is already filled with the field-- "ORI - DC000000Z, CJIS - WV- SCU-D2, CLARKSBURG, WV". Is it ok to have this field filled already.

If we have to only use the FBI card, can we use it if available with the Fingerprinting agency. I wish I could reduce as much as time I can from my side as I have a long wait to ge the result back. Please advise.

2. In the web form,
a. For the field Miscellaneous NO. MNU, the instruction sheet (page 2 of the web form) talks about "Miscellaneous NO. RECORD: OTHER ARMED FORCES NO. PASSPORT NO. (FP), ALIEN REGISTRATION NO. (AR), PORT SECURITY CARD NO. (PS), SELECTIVE SERVICE NO. (SS), VETERANS' ADMINSTRATION CLAIM NO. (VA)".

I find that in previous posts this field need not be filled. I wanted to check as there are references to "PASSPORT NO. (FP), ALIEN REGISTRATION NO. (AR)". Don't we have to fill our passport #, I-94 # in this field.

b.EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS- The instruction sheet specifies - Identify of Private Contractors should be shown in SPACE "EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS". The contributor is the name of the agency submitting the fingerprint card to the FBI. -- I saw two different responses - no need to fill and another to fill "Current Employer Name and address". Please suggest what's the correct thing to do.

Apologies for asking these questions again as it has been already answered in previous posts.Wanted to know what this really means.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Try to go to any local FBI office (look on fbi web site or google). Ask
for the cards. The police dept. will help you to fiil out the cards. I did not get anything from web, cards are better.

good luck
MadHatters

Originally Posted by nathan_1972

2. In the web form,

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:25 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - if you are in the UK I could probably advise as I did it from here. If you are based in the US - then sorry can't help!!

Good luck! Jen
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are in the states, most cities and municipalities will fingerprint you for a small fee. I live in Vancouver, Canada, and drove to Bellingham, Washington state about 30km south of the border. The police station there fingerprinted me and provided me with a card for $5! They are were very polite too. All they want is evidence that you are requesting it for a specific reason (show them the form from your application kit, that will do it). I strongly suggest that you have them make 2--because in the event that CIC wants you to do it a second time, you will have the card already to go.

There are fingerprinting services but they will charge you about $25 or so. If you are in Canada, you many places claim to have an FBI-compatible card, although I have not tried it myself.

Send the card with the form from your application kit to the FBI in Clarksburg. Provide a covering letter with your address and a money order for--what is it--$18 USD.

I've done it a couple of times, it takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 weeks depending on the backlog.