FBI criminal record check - note

Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

pinkandco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI criminal record check - note

Hi folks,

I just wanted to alert any of you who might be waiting for an FBI criminal record check about something we experienced and hopefully I can save you some waiting time!

We'd ordered my husband's FBI check back in mid April, then last week I called to check on progress since I was getting rather anxious about how long it was taking. I was told it had been sent out mid May! Clearly we never received it. Anyway, they resent it immediately and we got it yesterday. There was no additional paperwork to get the second printing and they also let us know over the phone and by email when they sent it (nice service! wish they had that the first time...)

Anyway, just so you know - they are turning them over in about 4 weeks, and if you don't get it by 4-6 weeks, make that call, they can look you up and let you know where it's at.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI criminal record check - note

Thanks for that, that's good to know. Did you enclose a self addressed envelope? Did they return it by surface mail? I've been waiting only 3 weeks so far but I think if I haven't heard anything or been debited the $18 by next week I may call for a status update.

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Thanks for that, that's good to know. Did you enclose a self addressed envelope? Did they return it by surface mail? I've been waiting only 3 weeks so far but I think if I haven't heard anything or been debited the $18 by next week I may call for a status update.

Thanks
Hi Jane, no self addressed envelope from what I recall, but the instructions on their website/app form should clarify on that point. They returned it by surface mail but we're in the US right now, I'm not sure how they handle overseas applications. I'd call them if the instructions aren't clear on that point and you want to be sure, their customer service people were very helpful.

Good luck!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help - they didn't specify so I didn't include it, I did however write a cover note and send copies of my passport and my old visa just for info. I asked them if you could use my Fedex account to return it so I guess time will tell. When I called to check if they would accept fingerprints done over here I asked processing times and they said 5-6 weeks but when I googled it, most people say differently. I'm so impatient because the Canadian High Commission have asked for all this back within 60 days....! Its only been 3 weeks but still no money been debited...
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help - they didn't specify so I didn't include it, I did however write a cover note and send copies of my passport and my old visa just for info. I asked them if you could use my Fedex account to return it so I guess time will tell. When I called to check if they would accept fingerprints done over here I asked processing times and they said 5-6 weeks but when I googled it, most people say differently. I'm so impatient because the Canadian High Commission have asked for all this back within 60 days....! Its only been 3 weeks but still no money been debited...
Can't hurt to call! I regret not calling at 4 weeks, it would have saved me a lot of waiting around before I finally got them to send me a second copy. The estimates from other people on the web are wrong, at least they were for me, they processed mine in 4 weeks (That was in April/May this year).
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks - I will call next week!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just found out that they've debited the money for the record check yesterday which can only be good news!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Just found out that they've debited the money for the record check yesterday which can only be good news!
Awesome! If you don't get it in a week I highly recommend you give them a call to check on when they posted it.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks - I was assuming I would still have to wait a few weeks as taking the money isn't actually proof that they've done anything but I guess it's still worth giving it a go!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh my god - it arrived today!! Only took just over 3 weeks! I'm impressed!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hurray!!! Congrats that's great. Good luck with the rest of your process!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks - you too. I must admit I thought it would look a little more "official" given that we paid $18 for it!!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

I thought so too - it's fancier than it looks though, if you scan or photocopy it the watermarks show up in the scanned/copied version!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha yeah just realised that when I took copies today - that makes me feel better somehow as it did look rather amateur!!