Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is FBI clearance required at beginning point of PR application?

Is FBI clearance required at beginning point of PR application?

Old May 28th 2004, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Variance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is FBI clearance required at beginning point of PR application?

Hi ....

I'm putting together an application for PR under the "entrepreneur" class. According to information provided on the CIC site, I get the impression that applicants must provide police certificates at the initial point when we put in the application. In fact, "police certificates and clearances" are included as part of the Checklist.

On the other hand, various posts in this forum suggest that the Buffalo office will get back to applicants for the FBI clearance after their cases have been assessed.

Grateful if someone could clarify whether I need to obtain FBI fingerprint clearance (as well as clearances from Singapore where I used to live) and include those clearances in my application which I shall be putting to the Buffalo office. Thanks!
Old May 28th 2004, 3:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is FBI clearance required at beginning point of PR application?

If you reside in US and will continue to do so after you submit your application then don't submit FBI clearance now, wait for request. But submit PCC from all other countries with application.

Originally posted by Variance
Hi ....

I'm putting together an application for PR under the "entrepreneur" class. According to information provided on the CIC site, I get the impression that applicants must provide police certificates at the initial point when we put in the application. In fact, "police certificates and clearances" are included as part of the Checklist.

On the other hand, various posts in this forum suggest that the Buffalo office will get back to applicants for the FBI clearance after their cases have been assessed.

Grateful if someone could clarify whether I need to obtain FBI fingerprint clearance (as well as clearances from Singapore where I used to live) and include those clearances in my application which I shall be putting to the Buffalo office. Thanks!
Old May 28th 2004, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Hi ....... Andrew,

THANKS for your response. I expect to move to Vancouver by July after obtaining my work permit as an intra-company transferee to go there to get the newly-incorporated business started and fully operational. I shall therefore be leaving USA to live in Vancouver, but will continue to visit the USA because of business.

Can I submit my PR application without the FBI clearance yet? This would expedite the application because waiting for the FBI takes as long as another 8 weeks or more. Meantime, I could put in the fingerprint cards to FBI. Or, should I just wait for FBI clearance to put in together with my PR application in order to avoid complications?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
If you reside in US and will continue to do so after you submit your application then don't submit FBI clearance now, wait for request. But submit PCC from all other countries with application.
Old May 28th 2004, 4:19 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

More important than rushing with submission is making sure that you prepared a flawless application package - most delays in Business class in Buffalo are due to poor preparation and/or lack of understanding of the process. You want to "save" few weeks but by the same token by submitting poorly prepared and/or not conclussive package you may be risking a year or longer delays.

If you are sure that you prepared a flawless package, that all claims and facts have been conclusively and beyond any doubt documented, that all possible questions and doubts processing officer may have are properly and fully addressed and documented then go ahead and submit now without FBI certificate as long as your residential address in the application is in US.

Originally posted by Variance
Hi ....... Andrew,

THANKS for your response. I expect to move to Vancouver by July after obtaining my work permit as an intra-company transferee to go there to get the newly-incorporated business started and fully operational. I shall therefore be leaving USA to live in Vancouver, but will continue to visit the USA because of business.

Can I submit my PR application without the FBI clearance yet? This would expedite the application because waiting for the FBI takes as long as another 8 weeks or more. Meantime, I could put in the fingerprint cards to FBI. Or, should I just wait for FBI clearance to put in together with my PR application in order to avoid complications?

Thanks!
Old May 28th 2004, 4:34 am
Just Joined

THANKS Andrew for the advice

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
More important than rushing with submission is making sure that you prepared a flawless application package - most delays in Business class in Buffalo are due to poor preparation and/or lack of understanding of the process. You want to "save" few weeks but by the same token by submitting poorly prepared and/or not conclussive package you may be risking a year or longer delays.

If you are sure that you prepared a flawless package, that all claims and facts have been conclusively and beyond any doubt documented, that all possible questions and doubts processing officer may have are properly and fully addressed and documented then go ahead and submit now without FBI certificate as long as your residential address in the application is in US.