fbi

Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:13 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 17
vg_ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fbi

do i need to send anyother documents apart from the below when i am sending my fingerprintingforms to FBI.applied as skilled worker along with spouse.

If i am missing any form or so can some one point me the link of the form or name of the document.

I am sending the following following to FBI for both my wife and myself

1.Finger printed form
2.check for 18$
3.formal request letter stating why i need this cleareance

Do i need to send anything else to FBI.Do i need to send any documents where all i lived after 18th birthday .Does FBI care
or do i need to send any passport copy or driver licennse etc

Pls advise

Thanks
vg_ind is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:30 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
vajra's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 108
vajra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

That's all they need. Be sure your return address is included in the formal request letter!
You don' t need to include passport or driver license copy.

Originally posted by vg_ind
do i need to send anyother documents apart from the below when i am sending my fingerprintingforms to FBI.applied as skilled worker along with spouse.

If i am missing any form or so can some one point me the link of the form or name of the document.

I am sending the following following to FBI for both my wife and myself

1.Finger printed form
2.check for 18$
3.formal request letter stating why i need this cleareance

Do i need to send anything else to FBI.Do i need to send any documents where all i lived after 18th birthday .Does FBI care
or do i need to send any passport copy or driver licennse etc

Pls advise

Thanks
vajra is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:22 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 117
Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Originally posted by vg_ind
do i need to send anyother documents apart from the below when i am sending my fingerprintingforms to FBI.applied as skilled worker along with spouse.

If i am missing any form or so can some one point me the link of the form or name of the document.

I am sending the following following to FBI for both my wife and myself

1.Finger printed form
2.check for 18$
3.formal request letter stating why i need this cleareance

Thanks
also attach a photocopy of the relevant passport pages
/ssn number if you have.
also note that request letter needs to be signed by all family members (including your spouse). Your signature only wont
do.
and yes your mailing address also.
Xylene is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:51 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 17
vg_ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

What do you mean by "also note that request letter needs to be signed by all family members (including your spouse). Your signature only wont do."

WE both are sending separate finger printing forms to FBI.Are you talking about any separate forms or so??Can you be more specific pls



Originally posted by Xylene
also attach a photocopy of the relevant passport pages
/ssn number if you have.
also note that request letter needs to be signed by all family members (including your spouse). Your signature only wont
do.
and yes your mailing address also.
vg_ind is offline  
Old Jun 15th 2004, 4:41 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 117
Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Originally posted by vg_ind
What do you mean by "also note that request letter needs to be signed by all family members (including your spouse). Your signature only wont do."

WE both are sending separate finger printing forms to FBI.Are you talking about any separate forms or so??Can you be more specific pls
If you see the instructions i think the request letter needs to be
signed by family memebers if you are taking for both yourself
and wife. In other words only you signing but both you and your wife sending the cards wont do.

also i recollect having seen in the misc.immigration.canada
about someone saying that theirs got rejected because they did
not get all family members to sign in it. do a bit of search there
as there were many long discussion about that FBI
clearance during the past one year.

also you may directly ask them questions by email.
They have an email address....i remember being posted once
in the web page.
here it is....

mihREMOVE AT leoREMOVE DOT govREMOVE
Xylene is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:40 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 17
vg_ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Hope you mean that my wife and myself both need to sign on the
the request letter we send along with Finger prints.

Ps: request letter , a letter stating why we are requesting fingerprints and purpose





Originally posted by Xylene
If you see the instructions i think the request letter needs to be
signed by family memebers if you are taking for both yourself
and wife. In other words only you signing but both you and your wife sending the cards wont do.

also i recollect having seen in the misc.immigration.canada
about someone saying that theirs got rejected because they did
not get all family members to sign in it. do a bit of search there
as there were many long discussion about that FBI
clearance during the past one year.

also you may directly ask them questions by email.
They have an email address....i remember being posted once
in the web page.
here it is....

mihREMOVE AT leoREMOVE DOT govREMOVE
vg_ind is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:04 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 26
sanrup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Hi Vg_Ind,

Neither forwarding letter nor any ID is required (attaching forwarding letter is a good practice but not mendatory). You have to mention pusrpose on FBI card as "For Canadian Immigration."

Xylene, no SS#, no forwarding letter, no sign is required. I am 100% positive. Make sure you fillout the FP card perfectly.

Hope this helps.
sanrup is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:59 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
vajra's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 108
vajra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.html

Read carefully "How to Request a Copy of Record"



Originally posted by sanrup
Hi Vg_Ind,

Neither forwarding letter nor any ID is required (attaching forwarding letter is a good practice but not mendatory). You have to mention pusrpose on FBI card as "For Canadian Immigration."

Xylene, no SS#, no forwarding letter, no sign is required. I am 100% positive. Make sure you fillout the FP card perfectly.

Hope this helps.
vajra is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:55 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 26
sanrup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Hi,

This is my personal experience and I got my FP report in April 2004.

I sent fees (MO) and ONLY FP FORMS.

It took 6 weeks (in USA) to get those back for me and spouse.

As I mentioned before, if you take all the pre-cautions then it is a good practice; but not doing so would not jeopardize your application.

Just my opinion.
sanrup is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:29 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 117
Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Originally posted by sanrup
Hi Vg_Ind,

Neither forwarding letter nor any ID is required (attaching forwarding letter is a good practice but not mendatory). You have to mention pusrpose on FBI card as "For Canadian Immigration."

Xylene, no SS#, no forwarding letter, no sign is required. I am 100% positive. Make sure you fillout the FP card perfectly.

Hope this helps.
I said what I did and I got mine in 2 months (including international postal delay).
Giving photocopy of passport etc , giving a jointly signed letter
does no harm anyway. So why not give it ?
Xylene is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:16 am
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 17
vg_ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fbi

Thank you all and thank you XYLENE for your time and help
vg_ind is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.