Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fastrack PR...whys it taking so long?

Hi y ' all...
I add my story too on this post. I updated my PR application on December 10 th 2009 , after some kind of misunderstanding statements between me and the Embassy.
Well , anyway , heard nothing yet and an email I received from them said my application was in process...
I wait till May and then I will text them if nothing comes along...
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We're supposed to be on the fast track pr system too. Papers submitted start of Jan 08. CIC Buffalo started work on the case March 08. Moved to NY 5th August 08. Meds done 5th Sept 08. Then silence........................ still waiting. Website confirms receipt of meds. Just want it over with, the stress is getting a bit much now
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
We're supposed to be on the fast track pr system too. Papers submitted start of Jan 08. CIC Buffalo started work on the case March 08. Moved to NY 5th August 08. Meds done 5th Sept 08. Then silence........................ still waiting. Website confirms receipt of meds. Just want it over with, the stress is getting a bit much now
order CAIPS , at least you know what it is going on.
Here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5563B.pdf
and it is free , no need to pay fees
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

Thanks Quarte-2005, will have a look at that.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

London are obviously replying to emails a lot quicker. I just had a response from them this morning saying that my file was waiting to be reviewed by an officer Not really what I wanted to hear. Hopefully will all be sorted out by this Christmas though what do you reckon am I being optimistic?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracywall
London are obviously replying to emails a lot quicker. I just had a response from them this morning saying that my file was waiting to be reviewed by an officer Not really what I wanted to hear. Hopefully will all be sorted out by this Christmas though what do you reckon am I being optimistic?
Just received today request for Medical and Canadian Police certificate by RCMP . Within 60 days .
I feel good ...!!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
Just received today request for Medical and Canadian Police certificate by RCMP . Within 60 days .
I feel good ...!!!!!!

Congrats on the request. I hope ours comes through soon. I see you sent your paperwork off a few weeks before us....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:53 am
gmb
Forum Regular

gmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to all

We just got our PR which was fast-tracked through London. It took 8 months from time of application to receipt of PR papers.

Best wishes,
Gail
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

cool497 is an unknown quantity at this point

AOR date was Oct 23 2008, Updated the consulate with TWP in Nov 2008.
Waiting till then.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:10 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
I feel good ...!!!!!!
Not wanting to pee on your bonfire, but doesn't an RCMP cert take 6 months or have they speeded things up now? Do you have a common name - I understood that they only ask for these if you have a name they perceive to be common?

EDIT: Before you panic, looks like they can do it in 72hrs now if you have the prints taken electronically

Last edited by G77; Apr 7th 2009 at 2:21 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

We had the old fashioned ink prints done - which we took with us the same day. We returned to the RCMP office 3 days later to collect our certificates. (They only do fingerprints on a tuesday and certs are ready on fridays.)

Last edited by Nicola N-A; Apr 7th 2009 at 11:51 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Yipee We got our Medical requests yesterday,they were mailed on 13th May 2009, London recieved the fastrack PR application 21st December 2008. So around 4-5 months is the wait, Good Luck to the rest of you and I hope yours all pop through the letter box shortly
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Great news, Tracy!

Just to update my tale of woe, we got PPRs this month and are awaiting their return. So no need to start another LMO process - woo!
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
Hi Nicola N-A

I was wondering whether you'd heard anything yet with your application? Did you request CAIPS? I know someone in a similar situation who hasn't heard anything, and had their (PNP/PR) meds done Sept 08 and file transf to Seattle but silence afterwards.