Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice
Default Re: Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hi Elaine

If your OH is on the list of 38, and you meet the points criteria of 67 or more and pass the medicals then you could well be processed and have PR in 6 - 12 months. The older skilled worker process did take on average up to 4 years.
The guys in Canada already who are waiting I believe went on TWP and there PR cases may be being dealt with on expiry dates of their respective permits however I don't know this, just guessing really.

The quickest way in is by getting a job offer and going on a TWP however the skilled worker route is IMO the safer more permanent route and as I said earlier now takes 6 - 12 months approx, maybe less if you also have an Approved Offer of Employment to go with it. If you qualify then go for it and good luck
Hi Mags,

Thank you for clearing that issue up for me. Hopefully He will have enough points. He's been in the property business for over 25 years a family run business, does'nt have any qualifications, but loads of experience...anyway we are hoping this will be our way in thanks for the good luck wishes ....hope all is going well for you too.

Thanks again xxElainexx
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just seen it mentioned in Muchmor too Angela..............http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2009/...e-implemented/

Ahh yes!! Thanks!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:31 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
I'm just hoping that now the system is processing the applications faster that we will have PR by next year at the latest!!!:fingersc rossed:
You have every right to be optimistic about having your visa in 2009. I'd start getting your 90 day information ready now for when it arrives in the next couple of months. Once you have submitted everything it moves so quickly.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi Mags,

Thank you for clearing that issue up for me. Hopefully He will have enough points. He's been in the property business for over 25 years a family run business, does'nt have any qualifications, but loads of experience...anyway we are hoping this will be our way in thanks for the good luck wishes ....hope all is going well for you too.

Thanks again xxElainexx
Hi Elaine, only thing I can see being a problem is his lack of qualifications, I know its wrong in a way but CIC don't take into account how much experience anyone has, after 4 years experience you score max points, 21 I think, but his education and lack of Qualifications could let him down, you might be better having his points assessed by a consultant, most give free points assessments, once you get past this his experience will then be an asset gaining work in Canada, its just the points thing you have to get past, its a right pain, trust me

Good luck again

Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by James Martindale
You have every right to be optimistic about having your visa in 2009. I'd start getting your 90 day information ready now for when it arrives in the next couple of months. Once you have submitted everything it moves so quickly.
Sorry, but I think that I'd urge a note of caution here. I think the people that are still waiting from 06/07 should be optimistic and positive that their applications will be processed faster than they might have anticipated, but I'd caution against getting carried away and raising people's expectations. Things can move quickly, and I hope that for act1980's sake they do, but I would be very surprised if she got her visa this year. Sometimes things don't move quickly. Sometimes, for reasons unknown, there are long delays in between hearing from the CHC at various stages in the process.

In my case I returned my updated information in December last year and only now, eight months later, do I have my visa. Now, you can't necessarily draw any firm conclusions from that as every case is different and the speed and way the CHC processes the appications does to vary dramatically, but to collect all the information, get the police certificates, submit the information, have it assessed, have the background checks completed, get a medical request, arrange the medical, have that assessed by the CHC (even assuming that all is well with it), get a passport request, submit and get the passports returned, all in four months? To me that would really be pushing it for a FSW application with no arranged employment.

Still, I'd be happy for a lot of people if I was proven wrong.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hi Elaine, only thing I can see being a problem is his lack of qualifications, I know its wrong in a way but CIC don't take into account how much experience anyone has, after 4 years experience you score max points, 21 I think, but his education and lack of Qualifications could let him down, you might be better having his points assessed by a consultant, most give free points assessments, once you get past this his experience will then be an asset gaining work in Canada, its just the points thing you have to get past, its a right pain, trust me

Good luck again

Hi there Mags

Thanks for the information given...l did wonder if it would make any difference...hmmm...well we shall have to get in touch with a consultant to see what they make of it all like you have said...

Do you have any ideas of a good one to go to.. much appreciated
xxElainexx
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi there Mags

Thanks for the information given...l did wonder if it would make any difference...hmmm...well we shall have to get in touch with a consultant to see what they make of it all like you have said...

Do you have any ideas of a good one to go to.. much appreciated
xxElainexx
You could give Paul Wildy a shout on here, he also has a facebook page, do a search on his name and it will bring up his contact details, he was a great source of advice for us early on.
We also used www.emigratingexpert.com for a points assessment as well.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KS2008
Sorry, but I think that I'd urge a note of caution here. I think the people that are still waiting from 06/07 should be optimistic and positive that their applications will be processed faster than they might have anticipated, but I'd caution against getting carried away and raising people's expectations. Things can move quickly, and I hope that for act1980's sake they do, but I would be very surprised if she got her visa this year. Sometimes things don't move quickly. Sometimes, for reasons unknown, there are long delays in between hearing from the CHC at various stages in the process.

In my case I returned my updated information in December last year and only now, eight months later, do I have my visa. Now, you can't necessarily draw any firm conclusions from that as every case is different and the speed and way the CHC processes the appications does to vary dramatically, but to collect all the information, get the police certificates, submit the information, have it assessed, have the background checks completed, get a medical request, arrange the medical, have that assessed by the CHC (even assuming that all is well with it), get a passport request, submit and get the passports returned, all in four months? To me that would really be pushing it for a FSW application with no arranged employment.

Still, I'd be happy for a lot of people if I was proven wrong.
I think 2009 is too optimistic, I would hope we would have heard something by next year though