Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Originally Posted by dinger24
Any other views?
I took it as immigrant visas as well to start with, but actually Zednought has a point and I think it may be referring to visitor visas. Those that aren't lucky enough to be UK citizens and have to apply for a visa to visit Canada often have a long wait/processing time, so it does make sense.

But the article is very unclear, and it's all pie in the sky at this point anyway! Doesn't look as though anything will change anytime soon.

Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

The information is on quite a few immigration websites so I don't think they are referring to visitors visas.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dinger24
Not how I view the article I am afraid - I believe it is referring to immigration visa's in general, as the title suggests?

A new proposal by Citizenship and Immigration Canada could see people from countries that are deemed safe given a fast-tracked Canadian visa.

Any other views?
Yep I agree too Dinger, may be another way to go if ours gets the knockback on points, fingers crossed wont have to bother though
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure how they can make it any quicker though, as most people seem to be getting PR within about 5 months under the new system!

Thanks for posting.
That certainly isn't correct. No one under the new system has received it that quickly. The early ones, like me, are barely at the meds stage after 8 months and it seems that later applicants are being dealt with significantly slower than this.

Alanb
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by drabux
That certainly isn't correct. No one under the new system has received it that quickly. The early ones, like me, are barely at the meds stage after 8 months and it seems that later applicants are being dealt with significantly slower than this.

Alanb

You count the processing time from the date of the application being received after the 120 day letter in the processing office.

I think that quoted website is probably a little confused. The discussion at the present time is streamlining (for about the 30th time) the refugee claim process. The ideas that are being floated is that claimants from non-refugee producing countries (ie US, UK, EU) would receive an expedited hearing at the POE by a Senior Immigration officer. No referral to the IRB, unless there is a credible basis to the claim. The Gov't thinks that if they went to this model, they could lift visitor visa restrictions on countries such as Mexico.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KS2008
I applied in August 2006 and didn't expect to even hear from them again until the middle of next year, but now I have my visa in my hand.
What type of visa did you apply for? I applied for a Skilled Worker PRV also in August 2006 and still haven't heard anything!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by omro
What type of visa did you apply for? I applied for a Skilled Worker PRV also in August 2006 and still haven't heard anything!

Federal Skilled Worker and I applied via London. You haven't heard anything at all? No letters or emails? Not even anything to ask if you wanted to continue the process? Did you do all the paperwork yourself or did you use a consultant? There are always exceptions but, judging from other posters here, trackit etc., my timeline seems fairly typical so it seems odd that you've heard nothing. What does Ecas say?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KS2008
Federal Skilled Worker and I applied via London. You haven't heard anything at all? No letters or emails? Not even anything to ask if you wanted to continue the process? Did you do all the paperwork yourself or did you use a consultant? There are always exceptions but, judging from other posters here, trackit etc., my timeline seems fairly typical so it seems odd that you've heard nothing. What does Ecas say?
Had a letter in March asking if I wanted to continue the process. Had to resubmit things by May 14th (Which I did). After that, bugger all

Last edited by omro; Aug 20th 2009 at 5:28 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Alanb
It is correct. Just do a search of the forums and you'll find people on here who have had PR via the SW route within 5 months. One of the Lucie's was one of them, but can't remember her proper username!

Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

I stand by what I said. It is very important not to give optimistic information, for obvious reasons.

Lucycrow got PR in just less than six months but, her case was different from others for a few reasons, not least because she was already living in Canada. No one else here has been processed anywhere near as fast, and this is confirmed by Trackitt.

I'm one of the very early applicants and, eight months later (like some others), have not received my medical request. Of course, these times include the time it has taken for applicants to gather their evidence after receiving their 120 day letters. Later applicants look like their cases are being processed slower than the early applicants, in the early stages at least.

On current evidence, it looks to be more like 10-12 months for early applicants and maybe longer for later applicants. That's enormously quicker than under the old system but, that is not the point...

Alanb
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I stand by what I said. It is very important not to give optimistic information, for obvious reasons.

Lucycrow got PR in just less than six months but, her case was different from others for a few reasons, not least because she was already living in Canada. No one else here has been processed anywhere near as fast, and this is confirmed by Trackitt.

I'm one of the very early applicants and, eight months later (like some others), have not received my medical request. Of course, these times include the time it has taken for applicants to gather their evidence after receiving their 120 day letters. Later applicants look like their cases are being processed slower than the early applicants, in the early stages at least.

On current evidence, it looks to be more like 10-12 months for early applicants and maybe longer for later applicants. That's enormously quicker than under the old system but, that is not the point...

Alanb
You stated that 'no-one has received it that quickly', so I was just using Lucy as an example as she's one that has, and there have certainly been others on here that have had it in less than 6 months.

So seems to be 5 months in quick cases, 8 months for the average, and a bit longer for the rest. Still pretty quick and I'm unsure how CIC could speed things up any more - which was my original point!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 20th 2009 at 7:24 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It is correct. Just do a search of the forums and you'll find people on here who have had PR via the SW route within 5 months. One of the Lucie's was one of them, but can't remember her proper username!

Hi everyone,
Well l'm a little confused by this time thingy some people on here have been in Canada for several years and still don't have PR, they're still waiting for it to be processed... is this normal procedure, friends of ours have said it could take us years to get into Canada and if that is he case OH and l will be too old to apply..can someone explain to me why that is...if my OH job is on the shortage list it would seem it doesn't take much longer than twelve months or have l read this all wrong...sorry am a newbie to Canada forum and l'm trying to establish the best route....thank you in advance
xxElainexx
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

I'm just hoping that now the system is processing the applications faster that we will have PR by next year at the latest!!!:fingersc rossed:
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Hi everyone,
Well l'm a little confused by this time thingy some people on here have been in Canada for several years and still don't have PR, they're still waiting for it to be processed... is this normal procedure, friends of ours have said it could take us years to get into Canada and if that is he case OH and l will be too old to apply..can someone explain to me why that is...if my OH job is on the shortage list it would seem it doesn't take much longer than twelve months or have l read this all wrong...sorry am a newbie to Canada forum and l'm trying to establish the best route....thank you in advance
xxElainexx
Hi Elaine

If your OH is on the list of 38, and you meet the points criteria of 67 or more and pass the medicals then you could well be processed and have PR in 6 - 12 months. The older skilled worker process did take on average up to 4 years.
The guys in Canada already who are waiting I believe went on TWP and there PR cases may be being dealt with on expiry dates of their respective permits however I don't know this, just guessing really.

The quickest way in is by getting a job offer and going on a TWP however the skilled worker route is IMO the safer more permanent route and as I said earlier now takes 6 - 12 months approx, maybe less if you also have an Approved Offer of Employment to go with it. If you qualify then go for it and good luck
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by act1980
Not sure what this will mean for people like me whos SW application is pending....

http://www.visabureau.com/canada/new...plemented.aspx
Just seen it mentioned in Muchmor too Angela..............http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2009/...e-implemented/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.