Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Not sure what this will mean for people like me whos SW application is pending....

http://www.visabureau.com/canada/new...plemented.aspx
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:42 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast-tracked Canadian visa could be implemented

Doubt it will affect us, but who knows
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Not sure what this will mean for people like me whos SW application is pending....

http://www.visabureau.com/canada/new...plemented.aspx
Not sure how they can make it any quicker though, as some people seem to be getting PR within about 5 months under the new system!

Thanks for posting.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 20th 2009 at 7:23 am.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure how they can make it any quicker though, as most people seem to be getting PR within about 5 months under the new system!

Thanks for posting.
What for SW???
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What for SW???
Yes, they're doing it well within the 6-12 months they originally quoted for new applications, most are quicker than that.

Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, they're doing it well within the 6-12 months they originally quoted for new applications, most are quicker than that.

OMG!!!!!! That's so unfair! I bet that means a longer wait for me who applied 2 years ago.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OMG!!!!!! That's so unfair! I bet that means a longer wait for me who applied 2 years ago.
Should be quicker as the backlog is reduced.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

No, not really. Sure, the people applying under the new scheme are obviously getting their applications processed much faster than ours (the 06/07 applicants) were/are, but on the other hand the criteria are much stricter now. If you applied today would you even qualify?

But regardless of that they are getting through the older applications much faster than any of us could have anticipated when we applied. I applied in August 2006 and didn't expect to even hear from them again until the middle of next year, but now I have my visa in my hand. Based on your AOR there must be a very good chance that you'll be getting your update letter within the next couple of months which is a lot better than having to wait until 2011. Things are moving the lot faster for everyone. They are getting through the backlog.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KS2008
No, not really. Sure, the people applying under the new scheme are obviously getting their applications processed much faster than ours (the 06/07 applicants) were/are, but on the other hand the criteria are much stricter now. If you applied today would you even qualify?

But regardless of that they are getting through the older applications much faster than any of us could have anticipated when we applied. I applied in August 2006 and didn't expect to even hear from them again until the middle of next year, but now I have my visa in my hand. Based on your AOR there must be a very good chance that you'll be getting your update letter within the next couple of months which is a lot better than having to wait until 2011. Things are moving the lot faster for everyone. They are getting through the backlog.

Wow are you serious! Thats crazy! I thought it would be al least another 2 years minimum before we got our PR.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Wow are you serious! Thats crazy! I thought it would be al least another 2 years minimum before we got our PR.
I think KS2008 is absolutely right, most people under the old system are seeing at least a year knocked off their original estimate thanks to the new system.

So shouldn't be too long at all hopefully. Good luck!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think KS2008 is absolutely right, most people under the old system are seeing at least a year knocked off their original estimate thanks to the new system.

So shouldn't be too long at all hopefully. Good luck!

Thanks! Good news, scary though
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

This in theory sounds good but I am concerned with the one line that I read:

system more similar to the British

That clearly means that it will not work and we can all come over when ever we want!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure there is enough information in the article to understand what they're talking about. As I read it I don't think they're referring to PR visas; but rather, visitor visas.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Not how I view the article I am afraid - I believe it is referring to immigration visa's in general, as the title suggests?

A new proposal by Citizenship and Immigration Canada could see people from countries that are deemed safe given a fast-tracked Canadian visa.

Any other views?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dinger24
Not how I view the article I am afraid - I believe it is referring to immigration visa's in general, as the title suggests?

A new proposal by Citizenship and Immigration Canada could see people from countries that are deemed safe given a fast-tracked Canadian visa.

Any other views?
I agree, that's why I posted it in the immigration section of the forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.