British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Fast Track SWPR - Timelines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fast-track-swpr-timelines-595751/)

burton bunch Mar 6th 2009 6:24 am

Fast Track SWPR - Timelines

Hi Guys

Would be really interested as to what your timelines are for PR apps submitted since you have been working on a TWP in Canada and the office to which you have submitted them.

Gay

rossi1 Mar 6th 2009 3:34 pm

Re: Fast Track SWPR - Timelines

Hi

We sent our full Pr application to london on 8 Oct 2008
Ecas said they started processing it on 5 Nov 2008.
Its been 5 months now and still waiting for medical request, wish fastracking meant fast!!!

So the wait continues, but at least we are here in Canada, but dont think we will feel totaly secure till we have PR....love it here and want it sooo much.

cool497 Mar 7th 2009 6:53 am

same here they started processing my pr in oct 2008. no responce till yet

destinationnovascotia Mar 7th 2009 8:39 am

We submitted our simplified application in 2007 but sent the additional information in September 2008 after we arrived on my TWP. We have heard nothing yet.

burton bunch Mar 7th 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks guys - thought that the "fast track" meant fast :rofl:

purple80 Mar 7th 2009 4:08 pm

We are just about to submit our PR application, in Canada on WP so applying to fast track on basis of employment. Guess we may be waiting a while.....

What is causing the hold up?

burton bunch Mar 7th 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7354615)
We are just about to submit our PR application, in Canada on WP so applying to fast track on basis of employment. Guess we may be waiting a while.....

What is causing the hold up?

No idea Charlie - have been submitting mine for the last 2 years and never got around to doing it :eek:

My problem is that we are due to travel to Denver Colorado in August and the last thing I need is for any time constraint on PPR's around the time we are travelling

Must actually get the envelope to Fed Ex and post the damn thing :eek:

Hope you and yours are doing ok

Narnarvish Mar 8th 2009 6:04 pm

Have been in Canada on Work Permit since April 2007. Submitted full PR application for fast track to London, they started processing Sept 2008. Emailed London and had a reply about six weeks later saying it was in process, and they couldn't say how long it would take, so having to go through renewing work permit, as heard nothing else since.

jamesmc Mar 8th 2009 9:00 pm

well i can tell you a good friend at work (in canada)put in for manitoba pnp this time last yr ,then when that came back sent away for for PR ,and now(begining) feb has his pr.
james

purple80 Mar 9th 2009 1:05 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7354643)
No idea Charlie - have been submitting mine for the last 2 years and never got around to doing it :eek:

My problem is that we are due to travel to Denver Colorado in August and the last thing I need is for any time constraint on PPR's around the time we are travelling

Must actually get the envelope to Fed Ex and post the damn thing :eek:

Hope you and yours are doing ok

LOL

I have been submitting ours for the last year, it might actually go this week! We travel back to the UK in July, but I doubt we will have had PPR by then so we should be ok.

Yes all doing fine thanks, yours?

Charlie

burton bunch Mar 9th 2009 1:44 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7358064)
LOL

I have been submitting ours for the last year, it might actually go this week! We travel back to the UK in July, but I doubt we will have had PPR by then so we should be ok.

Yes all doing fine thanks, yours?

Charlie

Yeah we are ok hun - just muddling along with our new life