British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Fast Track PR Application Acknowledgement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/fast-track-pr-application-acknowledgement-577076/)

Brownstar Dec 6th 2008 4:09 am

Fast Track PR Application Acknowledgement

Wondering what sort of time frames other people have experience in receiving acknowledgement from London CHC of receipt of their fast track PR application? Sent mine almost a month ago and still nothing.

rossi1 Dec 6th 2008 2:39 pm

Re: Fast Track PR Application Acknowledgement

well ours has been in just over 8 weeks now and we havnt heard anything.
I will keep you posted.
But i'm sure the canadian postman thinks i fancy him, because as soon as i see him, i'm straight outside waiting for him...he's now saying only junk mail today.
Bet your like us and would love to hear something by christmas.
Keep me updated if you hear anything please and fingers crossed for us both!

PeterF Dec 6th 2008 3:33 pm

Don't hold your breath, they do not acknowledge it, full stop.

I had a similar problem, we only knew when they cashed the cheque.

gibsonslanding Dec 6th 2008 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Brownstar (Post 7042120)
Wondering what sort of time frames other people have experience in receiving acknowledgement from London CHC of receipt of their fast track PR application? Sent mine almost a month ago and still nothing.

pm'd you....

burton bunch Dec 6th 2008 8:13 pm

there is something on the website saying that Pr apps with arranged employment are being processed immediately so i would think that they are onto it already and you should be waiting for med req

Brownstar Dec 6th 2008 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7043711)
there is something on the website saying that Pr apps with arranged employment are being processed immediately so i would think that they are onto it already and you should be waiting for med req

How long does that usually take to come through?

clairemarie70 Dec 7th 2008 7:20 pm

i too am going this route and have sent my application in july08..and have heard nothing..all i know is that they have cashed my cheque..so i will have to be patient like everyone else in the same position

rossi1 Dec 7th 2008 8:38 pm

God thats a long wait. Hope we dont have to wait that long....couldnt cope with the stress.
Think i would have emailed or faxed them if i were you, even just to get a reference number so you can track it on line.
Good luck, hope you hear something soon.

SarahBC Dec 8th 2008 4:37 am

Hi there,

My Fast-Track PR application was sent to London on 12 April 2008, and I received medical requests on 12 May 2008. This is for Skilled Worker with a TWP.

Cheers,

Sarah

clairemarie70 Dec 8th 2008 4:13 pm

wow you must be one of the really lucky ones sarah..unfortunatley for me im not a lucky person in life so im just waiting

shanejstewart Dec 8th 2008 5:10 pm

I have been reading the forum as I am about to apply for PR from Canada. Both my wife and I work in Canada on a 2 year work visa.
Can I sent my application back to the UK or just send it to Buffalo NY as the CIC website says???
Goood luck to everyone..

clairemarie70 Dec 8th 2008 7:11 pm

we are in exactly the same position as you..and we had to send ours back to the UK

Brownstar Dec 8th 2008 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by shanejstewart (Post 7049038)
I have been reading the forum as I am about to apply for PR from Canada. Both my wife and I work in Canada on a 2 year work visa.
Can I sent my application back to the UK or just send it to Buffalo NY as the CIC website says???
Goood luck to everyone..

I believe you can do both but you can only request it to be 'fast tracked' if you send it to London

clairemarie70 Dec 11th 2008 2:55 pm

hi, thought id update this thread..i sent an email to London..and my reply was that they are having a very busy time with applications...and it could take up to 6 months to get your file#..if not check with the bank to se if your cheque has been cashed....i am using an immigration company and i have spoken with her today and ive received my medical requests..only after 5 months..how cool:thumbup:..i can see light at the end of this very long tunnel

sprucemoose Dec 11th 2008 6:34 pm

I'm over 7 months waiting now (fast-track SW). Apparently med requests have been sent out twice, but I still haven't got them. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.