Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Application?

Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Application?

Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Application?

I mean, do they write the same stuff or do they send a new type of AOR, where they outline the fact that you have a AEO in Canada?
Or do they write down anyway that the waiting time is 36-48 months, as lot of people here were told by Embassy, even is the processing time would be way quicker?
Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Applicati

Hi there,

I applied for Fast-Track PR processing in April 2008 and made sure that all my supporting documents were in place for Fast-Track.

I never received an AOR - I don't think they bother. They just sent me the medicals & further information request after 4 weeks instead.

Cheers,

Sarah
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Applicati

Originally Posted by SarahBC
Hi there,

I applied for Fast-Track PR processing in April 2008 and made sure that all my supporting documents were in place for Fast-Track.

I never received an AOR - I don't think they bother. They just sent me the medicals & further information request after 4 weeks instead.

Cheers,

Sarah
Did you apply for Fast-track?
I guess that if you send the full package, claiming points for arranged employment, would be already fast -tracked.Isn't it?
or do you still have to apply for it?
how long did you wait to have your application approved?

Last edited by Quarte_2005; Sep 14th 2008 at 4:06 am.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Applicati

Thanks for your reply on Pm.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

SarahMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Cheers,

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Did you apply from within Canada or were you still in the UK? I applied in April 2008 also requesting prioritisation as I have an AEO. Still haven't heard anything from CHC in London though!

Thanks,

Sarah
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:33 am
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahMom
Hi Sarah,

Did you apply from within Canada or were you still in the UK? I applied in April 2008 also requesting prioritisation as I have an AEO. Still haven't heard anything from CHC in London though!

Thanks,

Sarah
Hey there,

I applied for fast track PR to London earlier this year, so far:

April 16th 2008: Application signed for
July 25th 2008: File created (had to email and ask for file number after 12 weeks)
September 15th 2008: Letter arrived letting me know application was underway (went via Switzerland for some reason, inside it was dated 25th July)

I hate this waiting game, but what can you do.

I wish mine had been opened by the guy that opened SarahBC's
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fast track application.Is the AOR different than the one for Simplified Applicati

Originally Posted by welshchem
Hey there,

I applied for fast track PR to London earlier this year, so far:

April 16th 2008: Application signed for
July 25th 2008: File created (had to email and ask for file number after 12 weeks)
September 15th 2008: Letter arrived letting me know application was underway (went via Switzerland for some reason, inside it was dated 25th July)

I hate this waiting game, but what can you do.

I wish mine had been opened by the guy that opened SarahBC's
Hi WelshChem,

That's amazing how two so "similar" applications from within Canada, with arranged employment, can have so wildly totally different timescales.

I have used all the advise on Expats for guiding my progress.

I have used the Fast Track PR Wiki on how to find the best way from TWP to PR. I made sure I attached my employers letter to my full application confirming that my PR would result in permanent employment. I put the special stickers on my PR application package.

Now I'm waiting for our passports to return from London to Canada with our visas in. I keep checking Trackitt and see that I'm about 800 days ahead of out-of-Canada PR applications.

This last bit is the worst bit. I've already planned an exciting trip to the US to land.

All the best,

Sarah
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

This depresses me, I applied in April 2008 to London, requesting Fast Track PR whilst working with a TWP in Ontario and a permanent job offer.

I have heard nothing to date (my cheque has been cashed)... I have no reference to contact them with.

I have no idea whether its being processed and no idea who or where to contact for info.. this at times is unbearable!!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:06 am
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Hi WelshChem,

That's amazing how two so "similar" applications from within Canada, with arranged employment, can have so wildly totally different timescales.

I have used all the advise on Expats for guiding my progress.

I have used the Fast Track PR Wiki on how to find the best way from TWP to PR. I made sure I attached my employers letter to my full application confirming that my PR would result in permanent employment. I put the special stickers on my PR application package.

Now I'm waiting for our passports to return from London to Canada with our visas in. I keep checking Trackitt and see that I'm about 800 days ahead of out-of-Canada PR applications.

This last bit is the worst bit. I've already planned an exciting trip to the US to land.

All the best,

Sarah
Yeah, I jumped through all the hoops suggested on the Wiki. Employers letters, sticky tabs for each section and a cover letter pointing out that we'd been here for 12 months, bought a house both had jobs related to our university degrees etc...

Just seems to be luck of the draw I guess

FAO: PeterF
I only got a letter 2 days ago (from my April08 application) but if it's been more than 12 weeks you can email them and ask them for your file ID.