Wikiposts

FAO: Mr. Miller & Experts !

Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:32 am
Just Joined

harper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FAO: Mr. Miller & Experts !

Hello all,
Need your precious advise on a query that I couldn't find the answer to and that is, if you recieved your PPR just three days before you was flying out for two months holidays, requesting CIC London to stamp your passport within three days would make it possible Or is it waste of time? As some people here have got their visas stamped the same day they took their passports in but dont know which Visa post does it.
Would appreciate any input. I haven't rcvd. PPR yet but just a thought.
Kind regards,
sam
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:48 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FAO: Mr. Miller & Experts !

CHC London is one of visa posts that allows for passport drop-off and same day pick-up - but it may change at any given time, so don't make any plans yet, don't panic and simply call CHC London to find out when you get passport request.

BTW - if you haven't received anything yet then why you even speculate about getting passport request 3 days before leaving for vacation???

If you really want to be stressed out then think about what will happen if passport request arrives to your mailbox the next day after you left for 3 months holiday?

Chill out...

Originally Posted by harper
Hello all,
Need your precious advise on a query that I couldn't find the answer to and that is, if you recieved your PPR just three days before you was flying out for two months holidays, requesting CIC London to stamp your passport within three days would make it possible Or is it waste of time? As some people here have got their visas stamped the same day they took their passports in but dont know which Visa post does it.
Would appreciate any input. I haven't rcvd. PPR yet but just a thought.
Kind regards,
sam
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your instant reply Mr. Miller.
Yes, I havent rcvd it but as looking at the timeframe of four weeks after medicals rcvd by CIC, I am expecting PPR arrival around my travel date.
If it does turn up after we left then I would have to request someone to go and check my doorstep every morning and give us a shout when its there.
Any further advise............!
Waiting
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:09 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

That's great news - I didn't know this was a possibility.
Do they do this every day, or is it just certain day(s) of the week?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
CHC London is one of visa posts that allows for passport drop-off and same day pick-up - but it may change at any given time, so don't make any plans yet, don't panic and simply call CHC London to find out when you get passport request.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wannabe
That's great news - I didn't know this was a possibility.
Do they do this every day, or is it just certain day(s) of the week?
Hi wannabe,
I was completely unaware that CIC London does the stamping in a days time. And now which day of the week.......Mr. Miller could tell, hopefully. Are you in UK wannabe or somewhere else. If UK, email me: [email protected] and I would like to stay in touch with you.
regards,
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what it says in London's current PHEP letter:-

In person:
You may submit your passport(s) together with the photos and the completed CHECKLIST at the High Commission at the address below. Submit this on any THURSDAY (except Public holidays), between 2.00 and 3.30 p.m. We will issue you with a receipt, acknowledging that we have received a package from you. You may collect your passport(s) **TEN working days (the second THURSDAY) following your submission of the passport(s), photos and the completed CHECKLIST,** (except Public holidays), between 2.00 and 3.30 p.m. You must ensure that you, or someone nominated by you, bring your receipt to enable us to release your passports.

THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON A THURSDAY BETWEEN 2.00PM AND 3.30PM.

From http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/forms/e_phep.pdf
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:53 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

That's what I thought too, Biiiiink, but if I could be in and out in one day, it'd be perfect, as I suspect there will be very little time, if any, between my PPR and my flight to Canada.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
That's not what it says in London's current PHEP letter:-

In person:
You may submit your passport(s) together with the photos and the completed CHECKLIST at the High Commission at the address below. Submit this on any THURSDAY (except Public holidays), between 2.00 and 3.30 p.m. We will issue you with a receipt, acknowledging that we have received a package from you. You may collect your passport(s) **TEN working days (the second THURSDAY) following your submission of the passport(s), photos and the completed CHECKLIST,** (except Public holidays), between 2.00 and 3.30 p.m. You must ensure that you, or someone nominated by you, bring your receipt to enable us to release your passports.

THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON A THURSDAY BETWEEN 2.00PM AND 3.30PM.

From http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/forms/e_phep.pdf
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:58 am

As it says under my avatar - Location: Norway.

Are you in UK wannabe or somewhere else.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:59 am
Just Joined

That's what I thought too, Biiiiink, but if I could be in and out in one day, it'd be perfect, as I suspect there will be very little time, if any, between my PPR and my flight to Canada.
Hi wannabe !
So what is the conclusion now ie we can or we can't get it done the same day? Thats very conflicting information what I have been provided. Cant call CIC, London as they dont talk.
Do u have a job waiting for you over there ?
waiting
Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:26 am

Looks like we'll have to wait till Mr. Miller tells us a little bit more about the same day-service, before we can come to a conclusion...

Hi wannabe !
So what is the conclusion now ie we can or we can't get it done the same day? Thats very conflicting information what I have been provided. Cant call CIC, London as they dont talk.
Do u have a job waiting for you over there ?
waiting
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like we'll have to wait till Mr. Miller tells us a little bit more about the same day-service, before we can come to a conclusion...
Hi all
Our friends who have just got PR put their passports in and were told to come back 10 days later. This was in August so cant see that its changed since then. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said - once you get passport request letter call or email CHC London with your question. What is working today may not work tomorrow... and vice versa.