Wikiposts

family sponsorship question

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:18 am
cbays

cbays is an unknown quantity at this point
Default family sponsorship question

Hi
I'm asking this for some friends.

Husband and wife are Canadian Citizens and have lived in Canada for over 50 years. They want to sponsor the following...

Their niece, who is over 50 something and her husband (they want to retire here).
Their niece's 2 sons - plus both wives and dependent children - who are cousins and grand neices
In total - 8 people.

The CIC website is confusing - it states...
"adult independent children cannot be sponsored"
however it also states that you CAN sponsor....
"another relative of any age or relationship if none of the above relatives could be sponsored, and you have no other relatives who are Canadian citizens,"

If i sound thick then apologies, but can they be sponsored or not?

Thanks in advance
C
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family sponsorship question

Hi

Originally Posted by cbays
Hi
I'm asking this for some friends.

Husband and wife are Canadian Citizens and have lived in Canada for over 50 years. They want to sponsor the following...

Their niece, who is over 50 something and her husband (they want to retire here).
Their niece's 2 sons - plus both wives and dependent children - who are cousins and grand neices
In total - 8 people.

The CIC website is confusing - it states...
"adult independent children cannot be sponsored"
however it also states that you CAN sponsor....
"another relative of any age or relationship if none of the above relatives could be sponsored, and you have no other relatives who are Canadian citizens,"

If i sound thick then apologies, but can they be sponsored or not?

Thanks in advance
C
Short answer no. The above section would only apply if they were single, never married (they are married) have no children parents/grandparents.. No brothers, sisters,no no nieces/nephews in Canada.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:43 am
cbays

cbays is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: family sponsorship question

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Short answer no. The above section would only apply if they were single, never married (they are married) have no children parents/grandparents.. No brothers, sisters,no no nieces/nephews in Canada.
Thanks very much for the quick reply - its what I thought.

Regards
c