Family Sponsorship question

Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Sponsorship question

My wife has a retired Uncle in Toronto, is his son (Wife's 1st Cousin) able to sponsor us. I'm guessing as her uncle is retired and 80 the authority's would not view him as suitable sponsor.
Also as they are my wife's family do they just sponsor just her or her, me and the our 2 kids.
We are all British and have just returned from a wonderful fortnight in Toronto.

I have looked at the skilled workers option and I feel that I am borderline on the points, so I may have to pursue that option if there is no sponsorship route for us.
Cheers

Nismo
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:20 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Sponsorship question

Hi Nismo

Originally Posted by Nismo
My wife has a retired Uncle in Toronto, is his son (Wife's 1st Cousin) able to sponsor us. I'm guessing as her uncle is retired and 80 the authority's would not view him as suitable sponsor.
Also as they are my wife's family do they just sponsor just her or her, me and the our 2 kids.
We are all British and have just returned from a wonderful fortnight in Toronto.

I have looked at the skilled workers option and I feel that I am borderline on the points, so I may have to pursue that option if there is no sponsorship route for us.
Cheers

Nismo
Neither can "sponsor" you. You would get an additional 5 points for your wifes uncle. She would require her parents birth certificate which is the sibling of the uncle, the uncle's birth certificate, and proof that the Uncle's status, citizenship/Pr and that he is residing in Canada.

PMM