Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family Sponsorship - Form R117(1)(h)

Family Sponsorship - Form R117(1)(h)

Old May 24th 2018, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

sidjoloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Family Sponsorship - Form R117(1)(h)

My husband and I have recently sent in our paperwork to become permanent residents, we are being sponsored by my mother who is dual nationality, British and a Canadian citizen.
Her husband died last August, she has no other relatives who live in Canada (or who have ever lived in Canada).
Despite going through the forms hundreds of times to make sure everything was filled in, we have been sent form R117(1)(h) which requests details of all of her relatives.
The form says that my mum needs to confirm:
"I do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece who is a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
and
I also do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother or sister that I can sponsor under the Family Class."

My mum has two daughters, myself and my sister. My sister does not live in Canada and has no intention of ever leaving the United Kingdom because she has her own family there. Does this mean mum can't sponsor me because She has another daughter? She also has a brother that she hasn't seen in six years... what does "that I can sponsor under the family class" actually mean?

There is a two page form asking for names addresses etc of every single family member she has... all of them are in the United Kingdom. Most of the information we don't even know...or is it just relatives in Canada that they want to know about?

Any help is much appreciated.
Old May 24th 2018, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

sidjoloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Sponsorship - Form R117(1)(h)

I've done some research and re-read the form. We are being asked to provide details of family members on the "Family Information Sheet" to make sure our application complies with Regulation R117(1)(h).
The form itself does not appear to have a reference number.
My query is still the same, does it mean my mum can't sponsor us because she has another child and a brother, neither of which are in Canada or intend to live here?
Old May 24th 2018, 10:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Sponsorship - Form R117(1)(h)

Hi

Originally Posted by sidjoloo
I've done some research and re-read the form. We are being asked to provide details of family members on the "Family Information Sheet" to make sure our application complies with Regulation R117(1)(h).
The form itself does not appear to have a reference number.
My query is still the same, does it mean my mum can't sponsor us because she has another child and a brother, neither of which are in Canada or intend to live here?
1. No, as long she doesn't have any of the listed relatives living in Canada or as long as your sister is not a Canadian citizen, then she can sponsor you, assuming she can meet the Minimum Necessary income. of $38,185 per year.