Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family sponsor class - proof of earnings?

Wikiposts

Family sponsor class - proof of earnings?

Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

alwayssaythanku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family sponsor class - proof of earnings?

I havent made our application yet but see a potential problem. I want to sponsor hubby. Hubby doesnt work much and when he does, it is untaxable in the UK because he dosent make enough to tax! Where on the forms does one have to prove employment and does the canadian government ask for a UK p60 to prove tax? or do they just ask for employers references?

thanks, this is very worrying.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

alwayssaythanku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family sponsor class - proof of earnings?

oops, wrong forum sorry.
Originally Posted by alwayssaythanku
I havent made our application yet but see a potential problem. I want to sponsor hubby. Hubby doesnt work much and when he does, it is untaxable in the UK because he dosent make enough to tax! Where on the forms does one have to prove employment and does the canadian government ask for a UK p60 to prove tax? or do they just ask for employers references?

Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice

Originally Posted by alwayssaythanku
Where on the forms does one have to prove employment and does the canadian government ask for a UK p60 to prove tax? or do they just ask for employers references?

CIC will be looking at your earnings as the sponsor, not your husband's. You will have to provide letter from employer and proof of earnings, though like you he will also need to provide details of his employment history.

If you read through all the forms you will see what is required. Might be the best place to start.

If you're not earning at all, then not sure what happens - hopefully someone will clarify.

Last edited by VCox; Jul 13th 2006 at 2:12 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

jazzist is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're sponsoring your husband then you don't need to meet the minimum income requirement, read the sponsors guide.

You do have to show by means of a letter (see the sponsors checklist) how much you're earning, but you don't have to be earning a certain amount to be eligible.

If you are not working at all then you need to explain this on a seperate sheet of paper.

Last edited by jazzist; Jul 13th 2006 at 8:01 pm.