Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family member willing to sponsor me over

Family member willing to sponsor me over

Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

dkni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family member willing to sponsor me over

My aunt has Canadian Citizenship and is happy to sponsor me and my children over to Alberta.

She is looking into the paperwork now. Does it take a shorter period time if you have a sponsor or does it not really matter?

I would also have a job in her company if I needed it.

My children and 3 and 18months and I would love to be over there and settled before the oldest starts school, in either counrty.

Does this sound feasible?

Also if someone has a only one kidney but its functioning normally could this cause a problem on medical grounds?

Thanks so much

dkni
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family member willing to sponsor me over

Sorry, but you are not a member of Family class for your aunt, thus she cannot sponsor you at all.

So. you'll need to qualify and apply on the basis of your own qualifications, although having aunt (if it is a sister of one of your parents) who lives permanently in Canada may give you extra 5 points.

Job offer from company in Canada will have to be approved by HRSDC to count for anything.

Please email me directly for free evaluation of your chances and possible options.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:16 am
wannabecalgarian

xxTinksxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family member willing to sponsor me over

I know you posted way back last year, but in case you are not aware, there is now new legislation that came in on the 19th June 2008, where your Aunt can now sponsor you. It's called the Family Stream, and applies to Alberta

See here