Family Criminality

Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:07 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Family Criminality

As the theme for the week definitely seems to be criminal record uncertainty I thought I'd add this; On a bunch of the forms for immigration - even for my BUNAC permit it asks:

'Have you or any member of your family been arrested/charged/convicted of an offence?'

Fortunately (or regrettably) I was a good boy even during the errant bit of my teenage years, and when I wasn't my legs were good enough to gtfo before I got caught doing something slightly naughty. My little brother on the other hand got caught taking my mum's car out in 2006 without permission while he was drunk, without a license, insurance etc. and went straight on at a T-junction into a lamppost.

I've listed this on my app and will do in the future, but wondered if this has any bearing on my own situation with regard to the CIC. I doubt it does but just curious.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Criminality

Originally Posted by windward
As the theme for the week definitely seems to be criminal record uncertainty I thought I'd add this; On a bunch of the forms for immigration - even for my BUNAC permit it asks:

'Have you or any member of your family been arrested/charged/convicted of an offence?'

Fortunately (or regrettably) I was a good boy even during the errant bit of my teenage years, and when I wasn't my legs were good enough to gtfo before I got caught doing something slightly naughty. My little brother on the other hand got caught taking my mum's car out in 2006 without permission while he was drunk, without a license, insurance etc. and went straight on at a T-junction into a lamppost.

I've listed this on my app and will do in the future, but wondered if this has any bearing on my own situation with regard to the CIC. I doubt it does but just curious.
Family in the chc sense is spouse and linearly descending..something htat confused me no end the first time i filled in the papers and as a 27 year old i filled in mum, dad and brother as my 'family' like a good little girl....
and then figured they meant spouse and kids!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. If your brother is not your legal dependent then his peccadillo does not belong in your application. Only the sins of you, your spouse, or your minor children should be mentioned.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:19 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Ah bugger.

Good news though, and ta for the replies Caitlin, Jim. Mine is a mind at rest.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:47 pm
Calgary Sept 2008

Silverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really nice

Not sure if it helps at all, but with BUNAC - I rang them about this as my big bro has not always been a good boy, and they said it did not matter as th question was aimed at someone travelling with you IE spouse, but in the case of bunac that would not apply.