family classed vs. skilled worker

Old Jun 11th 2004, 6:37 am
  #1  
jingling
Thread Starter
 
jcapulet's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,123
jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default family classed vs. skilled worker

Between family classed and skilled worker visas in Canada, is one faster than the other? If I want to move to Canada with my Canadian husband from the US, would it matter which visa I applied for? Are there more benefits to one than the other?

If sponsorship is not required for a skilled worker visa (I don't know if it is), would I need to bring a minimum amount of money with us to show we have sufficient funds to start our lives there?

Thanks
Juliet
jcapulet is offline  
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:04 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family classed vs. skilled worker

It is not even close. You should be sponsored by your husband. The time difference is at least one year. Expect processing of about 6 to 8 months as a spousal applicant.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Originally posted by jcapulet
Between family classed and skilled worker visas in Canada, is one faster than the other? If I want to move to Canada with my Canadian husband from the US, would it matter which visa I applied for? Are there more benefits to one than the other?

If sponsorship is not required for a skilled worker visa (I don't know if it is), would I need to bring a minimum amount of money with us to show we have sufficient funds to start our lives there?

Thanks
Juliet
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:37 am
  #3  
jingling
Thread Starter
 
jcapulet's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,123
jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family classed vs. skilled worker

Originally posted by Jim Humphries
It is not even close. You should be sponsored by your husband. The time difference is at least one year. Expect processing of about 6 to 8 months as a spousal applicant.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Yikes! That is quite a difference. Thanks for the info

Juliet
jcapulet is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:12 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10
Lori6666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: family classed vs. skilled worker

Originally posted by Jim Humphries
It is not even close. You should be sponsored by your husband. The time difference is at least one year. Expect processing of about 6 to 8 months as a spousal applicant.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
So what is the difference in Timelines for sponsering a spouse from within Canada to sponsoring outside of Canada?
Thanks
Lori6666 is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:29 am
  #5  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family classed vs. skilled worker

Hi Lori

Originally posted by Lori6666
So what is the difference in Timelines for sponsering a spouse from within Canada to sponsoring outside of Canada?
Thanks

It is about 3/4 months longer in Canada.

PMM
PMM is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.