Family Class Question

Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:01 am
Just Joined

HardWorkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Class Question

I have been in Canada more than 6 months now but less than a year. Started working lil over 4 months now. I meet the minimum income requirement to sponcer my parents. I read the sponcership papers and it shows I have to show income for a year. I was in the US before here and was working there too.

Can i show my US employement as well as the Canadian employement or Do i really have to wait 1 year from when i started working in Canada to sponcer my parents?

Thanks.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Class Question

Hi

Originally Posted by HardWorkin
I have been in Canada more than 6 months now but less than a year. Started working lil over 4 months now. I meet the minimum income requirement to sponcer my parents. I read the sponcership papers and it shows I have to show income for a year. I was in the US before here and was working there too.

Can i show my US employement as well as the Canadian employement or Do i really have to wait 1 year from when i started working in Canada to sponcer my parents?

Thanks.
Read the instructions a little closer, once you have met the LICO (Low Income Cutoff Figure) from Canadian sources, you can sponsor, if you earned the amount in 6 months, then you could submit, you don't have to wait a year.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Class Question

Have you already earned in Canada the required minimum? If yes then you can start sponsorship process, even if you earned it in less than 12 months.

Remember - it has to be income you already earned from Canadian sources while residing permanently here. It cannot be your annual salary - it has to be amount you already received. Your income from US won't count, unless you were living in Canada as PR, were commuting every day to work in US and such income was reported on Canadian tax return.

Originally Posted by HardWorkin

Thanks.