family class - medical

Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default family class - medical

Hi All,

Please can someone or expert help me?!

I have had my medical done and got a call from the DMP today to say that the x-ray results have shown there are 2 tiny nodes dots on my chest x-ray, he has mentioned TB and said that i have two options i either come in again for a sputum test then after 3 weeks come for another x-ray which in total would delay me by 2 months or let him send off the details to cic london and see what they say... what should i do?

what are the rules regarding this? i know because i am exempt from exessive demand i am exemt from alot of conditions but is TB one of them? also if there was an issue would they simply refuse me or would they allow me to go for this test and x-ray at a later stage and get treatment, what happens after the sputum test and x-ray, how would they decide if i am allowed to go to Canada?!

Please can anyone who has gone through the spousal route and experienced this or expert immigration officer please advise as it obviously is playing on my mind now.

Thanks,

MR79
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family class - medical

Hi

Originally Posted by MR79
Hi All,

I have had my medical done and got a call from the DMP today to say that the x-ray results have shown there are 2 tiny nodes dots on my chest x-ray, he has mentioned TB and said that i have two options i either come in again for a sputum test then after 3 weeks come for another x-ray which in total would delay me by 2 months or let him send off the details to cic london and see what they say... what should i do?

what are the rules regarding this? i know because i am exempt from exessive demand i am exemt from alot of conditions but is TB one of them? also if there was an issue would they simply refuse me or would they allow me to go for this test and x-ray at a later stage and get treatment, what happens after the sputum test and x-ray, how would they decide if i am allowed to go to Canada?!

Please can anyone who has gone through the spousal route and experienced this or expert immigration officer please advise as it obviously is playing on my mind now.

Thanks,

MR79
If the DMP sends the results off to the RMC, you will most likely have your medical furthered. CHC will send you a letter to take to the DMP and it will most likely require sputum tests (6-8 weeks for results) and then another x-ray. As TB is a contagious disease it is not "excessive demand" exempt.

If it is determined (don't forget I'm not an Immigration Dr.) that you have inactive TB, then you will be placed on medical surveillance as a condition of your "landing" and you would have to report to the TB clinic in Canada.

But it is quite possible it is not TB, just scarring from pneumonia or something else.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR79
Hi All,

Thanks,

MR79
I'm sorry but TB certainly wouldn't be something that could be excluded under "excessive demand exempt" conditions as it is an infectious disease, not just something that might cost the healthcare system a lot of money to treat (which is where the "excessive demand" term originates.)
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

bit worrying hey! i have never had TB before or any symptons, i believe i have had my bcg when i was at school and had miseales when i was a little kid, was ok before but am bit worried now, do you or anyone else think i should go to my local doctor to take this matter further or wait until i get a decision from CIC?