Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family Class (Common-Law) PR Application just mailed to CPC-Mississauga!!!

Family Class (Common-Law) PR Application just mailed to CPC-Mississauga!!!

Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default Family Class (Common-Law) PR Application just mailed to CPC-Mississauga!!!

So we finally sent our application off to CPC-Mississauga half an hour ago.............

Now to begin the long wait!!

Anyone else applying around now??

Suze
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Carmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant future
Default Re: Family Class (Common-Law) PR Application just mailed to CPC-Mississauga!!!

we are hoping to in the next couple of months, i was wondering if there was a best time to do it, or doesnt it really make a difference?
good luck as well
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Family Class (Common-Law) PR Application just mailed to CPC-Mississauga!!!

Well I guess you can send it off anytime really - as soon as you've got all the documents together (which has taken me about 6 months!!!)

What's your current situation? Are you in Canada at the moment?

Thanks for the good luck, I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on getting the forms off. I am just working through our spouse visa application and sorting out all the information and photos etc.

It certainly is not an easy task!

I am just about ready to send off for my police clearance certificate and am booking our medicals for the end of this month - so hopefuly the forms will be in the post early next month............
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not started the process yet....why did it take so long to get all the paperwork finished? My long story, I am waiting for my divorce to come through before my partner and I can get married, so we figure we would start all the paperwork once we are married.

Originally Posted by suze_h
Well I guess you can send it off anytime really - as soon as you've got all the documents together (which has taken me about 6 months!!!)

What's your current situation? Are you in Canada at the moment?

Thanks for the good luck, I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

In my case it took a long time for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I had to get a police certificate from Italy and it took me months to sort out. Secondly, I was initially going to apply via the 'in Canada' sponsorship route as I am currently living with my common-law partner in Canada on a temporary work permit until December. However, I was advised on here and by various other people to apply via the 'outland' route (via the London visa office) as it is so much quicker, so I had to fill out different forms and obtain my UK police certificate before I sent the application off too! It also just takes a while to collate all the documents to show proof of relationship - our whole application was 118 pages. If you're married i'm not sure you have to 'prove' your relationship to such an extent, so it may be a little easier for you.

Good luck to everyone, fingers crossed for us all!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
I have not started the process yet....why did it take so long to get all the paperwork finished? My long story, I am waiting for my divorce to come through before my partner and I can get married, so we figure we would start all the paperwork once we are married.
We had the same situation, but in reverse 5 years ago when hubby came here from canada. We got married and then applied for his spouse visa to the UK. We are now getting a spouse visa for me so we can move to canada. It was far easier for his documents to get his UK spouse visa than it is for getting canadian spouse visa.

I have also had to apply for a police clearance cert from South Africa, which took a little time.

Trying to sort out all our photos and paperwork for evidence has been time consuming as well - even though we have been married for over 5 years and have 2 children together, we still need the evidence.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is sound like people on this post have some experience with sponsoring a loved one. Here is my story in brief...my partner and I plan to marry as soon as both our divorces come final...should be this fall sometime. I plan to sponsor him to move to Canada from England (I am Canadian and also hold a dutch passport). My question is, what can we be doing right now....as we have not started anything yet? He is coming over in October for 3 weeks, and I am going to England in Dec. for 2 weeks both for holidays.

A post above said that even though you have been married for 5 years and have kids you still have to prove your relationship, how much eveidence are they looking for? I have know my partner since 1976....I have a lot of evidence I can gather up, I guess I just need to know specifically what they are looking for.

Again, we have not started, and would love the expertise of you on this post for an info. that you can give us to make the process a bit easier.

Thanking you all in advance
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is awful waiting for everything to happen isn't it? I also had to wait for my divorce to come through before we could marry and start our lives out together. Hope it all happens soon for you!

As for the information, I would just look through old photos, emails, any sort of correspondence. have a look at the application form, and you will see what sort of things they are looking for - anything really that proves your relationship is not one of convenience I suppose.

we have lots of documents from us living together, as well as photos from over the years - although it is surprising when you look back through pictures, after you have kids, there no longer seem to be any photos of the parents together . We still have emails etc that we used for hubbies UK spouse visa, and details of all our travels over the pond to see each other whenever we could.

I thought I was pretty much prepared, but when I started filling out the forms, I realised I wasn't - all previous addresses since 18 (at least thats what it looks like they want) and many years and addresses have gone by since I was 18!!!!

Hope that helps, but any document gathering you do now will help to make the application quicker.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caleo,

Thanks for the info. and I am so glad I found this post...it is very helpful. I feel better knowing I have people to ask my questions to.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Carmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant future

Currently I am in the Uk with my Canadian husband, he has lived here with me since 2001, we decided to go to Canada this year, and I am currently getting all the things I need together, we have been married for 11 years this October so hoping the proving the relationship part wont be to bad for us as we have had a mortgage and bills and bank accounts together for years. I just have to read all the forms decide when we have to have things like the police checks and medicals done and then we will get them filled in and sent off, hoping it wont take to long.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have started to gather my evidence of my relationship with my partner...pictures, emails.....I also have saved our chats....we chat everyday...my question is....how many chats should I print off, I was thinking one a month for the last 2 years...not sure I have any more chats before then as my computer has crashed over the years. (I have cards and pictures though spanning back to 1977).
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Suze - Best of luck. I hope to send mine in next week. We are waiting for a couple of things in the post and then thats it. pop it in the mail and fingers crossed!

tho you said your pack is 118 pages?! gulp, ours is maybe half that.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

I wouldn't worry - I think the sizes of applications vary massively. We've just put a lot of stuff in for proof of relationship. Although now I'm stressing a lot because our application should have been delivered / signed for yesterday and apparently Canada Post have made some kind of processing error and there's going to be a delay....just praying they don't lose it - the thought of having to apply (and pay!) for those original police certificates and translations again is horrifying....now I'm just wishing I'd asked for additional copies!

Thanks - best of luck with your application too!! Are you applying via the family class too?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

im hope it works out for. please god you dont need to go back get all that stuff again. lets not worry bout it just yet!

yup, im applying family class (common law) outland through London but im in Toronto at the moment. My working holiday visa is to expire next week and i still hope to get the application in right away but there is a couple of things still outstanding right now.

Il keep an eye out for your timelines , il update my signature once i get the thing in the post !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.