Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Family Class Application - Employee Letter

Family Class Application - Employee Letter

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Class Application - Employee Letter

Hi again all,

Another small question....

Under the supporting documents we are supposed to enclose, CIC ask for a letter from the sponsor's current employer stating various details such as salary, period of employment etc.

The issue is, we have not told our current employers about our intensions to move to Canada for various reasons. It is not a realistic option for James (the sponsor) to inform his current employer in the near future. We would rather wait until we have confirmation of PR and then put in our resignations.

How, therefore, do we supply this document to CIC? Should we use another excuse to get this information from them? Any good ideas???

Many thanks!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Family Class Application - Employee Letter

There are lots of excuses you can use to get this kind of information:

e.g. anything to do with credit/banking...changing mortgage, applying for a loan, applying for a tax rebate, family credit, etc...anything that sounds remotely feasible.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Class Application - Employee Letter

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what's required there, but I've had to get similar letters from my employer a couple of times as references for rented accomodation. So unless they're asking for anything unusual I'm sure you can BS your way through it .