Fairly New To BE

Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:17 am

charlesrichardson0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fairly New To BE

Good afternoon all.
I decided to expand my options a bit and decided to help my wife find employment abroad. She has been in Food and Beverage for the last 4 years. (no degree though, just experience) Already she has been given some positive responses. However they are asking for an RCIC for us to continue. I have explained that we do not require an immigration consultant because of our Visa Exempt status. Perhaps this is a ploy for the company to try and render other services upon immigrants?
I do not want to call the company's name because I am unfamiliar with the rules of BE as yet. But if I am given permission , I will share with others to ensure, if it is a scam, It may be a warning to others.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 7:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fairly New To BE

Originally Posted by charlesrichardson0
Good afternoon all.
I decided to expand my options a bit and decided to help my wife find employment abroad. She has been in Food and Beverage for the last 4 years. (no degree though, just experience) Already she has been given some positive responses. However they are asking for an RCIC for us to continue. I have explained that we do not require an immigration consultant because of our Visa Exempt status. Perhaps this is a ploy for the company to try and render other services upon immigrants?
I do not want to call the company's name because I am unfamiliar with the rules of BE as yet. But if I am given permission , I will share with others to ensure, if it is a scam, It may be a warning to others.
A quick question, why do you believe you are visa exempt?

Are you basing her getting a work permit on the back of your TWP (a Spousal Open Work Permit) if the LMO application is positive?

I believe you said in another post that she will be attending Niagara College for Pre-Health Studies - does she have a study permit to do this?

It would be better not to post the name at this stage.

Old Mar 15th 2014, 7:51 am

charlesrichardson0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
A quick question, why do you believe you are visa exempt?

Are you basing her getting a work permit on the back of your TWP (a Spousal Open Work Permit) if the LMO application is positive?

I believe you said in another post that she will be attending Niagara College for Pre-Health Studies - does she have a study permit to do this?

It would be better not to post the name at this stage.

My apologies. I did not clarify. When i said Visa exempt, I meant because I am from The Bahamas I would not require a Visa to visit Canada and can thereby apply for Work Permit at the Port of Entry, granted I met the qualifications to do so.

In regards to the study permit, we have received the acceptance letter and are in the process of sending out the fees and application to the Embassy in Jamaica(who is responsible for our region). Average processing time is 2 months. I received mine in 6 weeks when I applied in peak season in 2010 so we are hoping for the best.

No I am not basing her admittance (OWP) on my LMO. I am still unsure whether that is even possible so I did not make it an option.

The only sponsorship I was thinking of would be when she receives her study permit, I can then apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT at the POE.
Again, we are thinking of MORE than one avenue, that is the only way we will maximize our immigration success. I hope this was a little more clear, Again I apologize for the lack of clarity.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlesrichardson0
My apologies. I did not clarify. When i said Visa exempt, I meant because I am from The Bahamas I would not require a Visa to visit Canada and can thereby apply for Work Permit at the Port of Entry, granted I met the qualifications to do so.

In regards to the study permit, we have received the acceptance letter and are in the process of sending out the fees and application to the Embassy in Jamaica(who is responsible for our region). Average processing time is 2 months. I received mine in 6 weeks when I applied in peak season in 2010 so we are hoping for the best.

No I am not basing her admittance (OWP) on my LMO. I am still unsure whether that is even possible so I did not make it an option.

The only sponsorship I was thinking of would be when she receives her study permit, I can then apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT at the POE.
Again, we are thinking of MORE than one avenue, that is the only way we will maximize our immigration success. I hope this was a little more clear, Again I apologize for the lack of clarity.
No problem!

One thing you should check is whether Niagara College on the list of approved colleges. http://www.cicic.ca/679/postsecondary-programs.canada

If you obtain a OWP from your wife's study permit, it will only be valid for the same length of time as her course. You should also check whether she would qualify to obtain an off-campus work permit before you seek employment on her behalf. Not all colleges or courses qualify.

If you received a positive LMO and got a TWP at the port of entry, your wife would be able to apply for a Spousal OWP on the back of your TWP provided your job was classed as skilled A/O/B on the NOC Matrix. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...ml/Matrix.html

Is it your intention to apply for PR at some stage?