Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Failing to comply with PR obligations; re-applying

Failing to comply with PR obligations; re-applying

Old Mar 2nd 2019, 7:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failing to comply with PR obligations; re-applying

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I knew many people in the UK - including friends of my sons - who had never left the town / City where they were born/lived, let alone the county or country!
Not to mention that Canada is so huge there's no need to go out of the country for a change of scenery.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all to your posts. Have I mentioned that this is one of the friendliests forum I have ever come accross?
have a great night/day, depending where in the world you are
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not to mention that Canada is so huge there's no need to go out of the country for a change of scenery.
Agreed, Canada is huge and diverse - but to not even want to leave the province of Manitoba for a look elsewhere (or to let your child experience a change of scenery) I can’t understand.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 12:06 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlliF

Agreed, Canada is huge and diverse - but to not even want to leave the province of Manitoba for a look elsewhere (or to let your child experience a change of scenery) I can’t understand.
Yes, I find that rather strange, it’s an odd attitude for a parent to espouse...surely you want your children to take the world by storm? I’m spending a happy moment with BE as my husband is travelling and my son has gone to Montreal for his first Pop Concert! He went to his first night club last night apparently...him and six other boys...what could possibly go wrong

Getting to Canada was such a tedious paper chase, I just decided on arrival that I wouldn’t budge till citizenship was out of the way. It was frustrating, especially as my son and husband travelled a lot and I felt like Cinderella....but it takes the uncertainty out of the equation...I feel a lot less vulnerable now all my paperwork is cast in stone so to speak.