Facilitation Visa

Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:40 am
Just Joined

veeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Facilitation Visa

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this board and wondering if anyone can help us.

My husband is Canadian and I am a Permanent Resident. We were living in Canada and 18 months ago moved to the UK. We have now decided to move back to Canada and were all set to go, with flights booked on January 21st. However, we now realise we have a problem with our newborn son. He has a British passport and I mistakenly thought this would be enough to get him into the country.

We know we have to apply for a Cerificate of Citizenship and have this application all set to go.

It is too late (without losing our flights) to wait to get a Canadian passport or a Limited Validity Passport. Does anyone know how to get a Facilitation Visa? I can't find any info on the British High Commission site or the CIC.

We have sent an email to the High Commission as there seems to be no way to talk someone and we're in a bit of a panic now hoping against hope we can keep these flights next week!

Any help or info would be most gratefully appreciated.
Thanks !
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Facilitation Visa

Originally Posted by veeeh
Hello everyone,

My husband is Canadian and I am a Permanent Resident. We were living in Canada and 18 months ago moved to the UK. We have now decided to move back to Canada and were all set to go, with flights booked on January 21st. However, we now realise we have a problem with our newborn son. He has a British passport and I mistakenly thought this would be enough to get him into the country.

We know we have to apply for a Cerificate of Citizenship and have this application all set to go.

It is too late (without losing our flights) to wait to get a Canadian passport or a Limited Validity Passport. Does anyone know how to get a Facilitation Visa? I can't find any info on the British High Commission site or the CIC.

We have sent an email to the High Commission as there seems to be no way to talk someone and we're in a bit of a panic now hoping against hope we can keep these flights next week!

Thanks !
I think if you travel with your son, he'd just be issued a visitor record on entry to Canada. I'm sure PMM or Former Lancastrian may be able to advise better than me though.

One big issue to consider access to healthcare for your son, as a visitor.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veeeh
Hello everyone,

Thanks !
Your son will be able to travel on the UK passport. You can apply for the Canadian documents when you get to Canada.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:26 am
Just Joined

veeeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your replies and advise