Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extending Work Permit while waiting for PR

Wikiposts

Extending Work Permit while waiting for PR

Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Extending Work Permit while waiting for PR

I'm sorry for posting this....I just can't seem to find on CIC the application to extend my wife's work visa while we wait on her PR application to be processed. She has been on the IEC which expires in September of this year, but we have submitted her PR just in January and need to extend her work visa for her job until we hear back. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending Work Permit while waiting for PR

Originally Posted by Tototoro
I'm sorry for posting this....I just can't seem to find on CIC the application to extend my wife's work visa while we wait on her PR application to be processed. She has been on the IEC which expires in September of this year, but we have submitted her PR just in January and need to extend her work visa for her job until we hear back. Thanks in advance!
You can't extend the IEC work permit and at the moment not eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit
International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Did they change that recently? I thought she could extend her work permit if she was waiting on her PR application to process?
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Did they change that recently? I thought she could extend her work permit if she was waiting on her PR application to process?
Theres a reason I posted a link for you to read.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

1. She could have applied for an open work permit along with her application for PR in "in Canada" spousal class, as she is applying as out of Canada, not eligible as per FL.
2. She will have to stop work when her IEC expires and apply for an extension as a visitor.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. She could have applied for an open work permit along with her application for PR in "in Canada" spousal class, as she is applying as out of Canada, not eligible as per FL.
2. She will have to stop work when her IEC expires and apply for an extension as a visitor.
We have applied for her PR as an "in Canada" but we did not submit the open work permit along with the initial application. I'm just reading the site right now but I'm guessing it's too late as of now?
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We have applied for her PR as an "in Canada" but we did not submit the open work permit along with the initial application. I'm just reading the site right now but I'm guessing it's too late as of now?
If she applied as an Inland applicant for Spousal sponsored PR I bellieve she can still apply for an OWP.

Notice – Update on work permits for spouses and common-law partners applying for permanent residence from within Canada

Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If she applied as an Inland applicant for Spousal sponsored PR I bellieve she can still apply for an OWP.

Notice – Update on work permits for spouses and common-law partners applying for permanent residence from within Canada

Thank you so much! This was the site I have been looking for! I knew I had seen it somewhere and thought that CIC had changed the rules in regards to this. Thanks again!
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much! This was the site I have been looking for! I knew I had seen it somewhere and thought that CIC had changed the rules in regards to this. Thanks again!
You are most welcome! CIC's website can be a bit of a minefield but if you use the search function on it, it usually brings up the right pages.

Old Mar 11th 2017, 11:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You are most welcome! CIC's website can be a bit of a minefield but if you use the search function on it, it usually brings up the right pages.

1. Except here is the post from Tototoro 15/02/2017

Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London
I have received my sponsor approval as of February 14. Our application has now been sent to London.

If the application is being sent to London, it isn't an "In Canada" spousal.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 12:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Except here is the post from Tototoro 15/02/2017

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...on_balance.gif

http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London
I have received my sponsor approval as of February 14. Our application has now been sent to London.

If the application is being sent to London, it isn't an "In Canada" spousal.
Ah. I had taken Tototoro at their word, when they said they had applied "Inland".

As it appears that they have applied outland, the OWP is not a possibility, obviously.

Well spotted PMM. Thanks for the correction.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Ah. I had taken Tototoro at their word, when they said they had applied "Inland".

As it appears that they have applied outland, the OWP is not a possibility, obviously.

Well spotted PMM. Thanks for the correction.
I'm sorry, this has now confused me. We had filled out the 'Inland' application documents and after we had submitted to CIC is when I was told it had been sent to London? So CIC has determined this will be an 'Outland' application?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:52 am
Banned

I'm sorry, this has now confused me. We had filled out the 'Inland' application documents and after we had submitted to CIC is when I was told it had been sent to London? So CIC has determined this will be an 'Outland' application?
Where did you send them to? I'm presuming you put down that your spouse is currently residing in Canada?

Guide 5525 – Basic guide: Sponsor your spouse, partner or child

This one for Inland - could you double check?

Application for spouses or common-law partners (currently living in Canada) applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Where did you send them to? I'm presuming you put down that your spouse is currently residing in Canada?

Guide 5525 – Basic guide: Sponsor your spouse, partner or child

This one for Inland - could you double check?

Application for spouses or common-law partners (currently living in Canada) applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Yup that is the one I sent it to. I only found out that it was forwarded to London after they had approved me as a sponsor. All the addresses etc on the application indicates that she is currently living with me as well and we made sure to send into the Inland location
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:56 am
Banned

Definitely not this one?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.