eXTENDING work permit - HELP

Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:36 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default eXTENDING work permit - HELP

Do I need to fill in the part re how much money do we have in Canadian dollars - even though we are working here?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:50 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eXTENDING work permit - HELP

Yes, you need to fill out each part in the form.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:16 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Yes, you need to fill out each part in the form.
What if we don't actually have a stash of Canadian dollars in the bank? Its all in property etc?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

loggie is on a distinguished road

Hi,

When we extended we just put our combined monthly salaries, threw in the value of cars etc and came up with 'number' of unencumbered funds. They were more than satisfied with that. From my understanding they are just wanting to know that you can still support yourself here.

Best of luck with the renewal.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:08 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am filling the same form out as well, we appear to be mirroring each other AmyDavid.

I had not got to the funds question, I was currently trying to work which bit of the form I fill in for the children, they do not have study permits, they just have a visitior record that states that they can go to school as parents are holders of WP???

So do I just fill the form in to extend their stay as visitors?

HELP

Charlie
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by purple80
I am filling the same form out as well, we appear to be mirroring each other AmyDavid.

I had not got to the funds question, I was currently trying to work which bit of the form I fill in for the children, they do not have study permits, they just have a visitior record that states that they can go to school as parents are holders of WP???

So do I just fill the form in to extend their stay as visitors?

HELP

Charlie
For myself and the kids, I just ticked the box that said "none" as we aren't here under anything other than being tacked onto David's Work Permit.

They don't make these forms easy to fill in do they? They are set up so you are second guessing yourself on each question!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
For myself and the kids, I just ticked the box that said "none" as we aren't here under anything other than being tacked onto David's Work Permit.

They don't make these forms easy to fill in do they? They are set up so you are second guessing yourself on each question!
I have an SOWP and the children all have a visitor record stapled in their passports, all are off the back of Chris's WP, and no they do not make the forms easy. So we have to renew our bits as well, at least that was what I thought.....

Everytime I think I am done with the form filling another one appears.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:54 am

I have an SOWP and the children all have a visitor record stapled in their passports, all are off the back of Chris's WP, and no they do not make the forms easy. So we have to renew our bits as well, at least that was what I thought.....

Everytime I think I am done with the form filling another one appears.
If you want to renew your open work permit you need to tick the "extend work permit" box for you and pay the $150 fee - did you pay a fee for the kids when you came in? If not, then I would tick the "none" box...I THINK?!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:34 am

Yes I know the bits I have to do for chris and I, the bit that confuses me is what I do for the children, in their visitor record in passport it says that they have to leave by 30th March 2009.

Now this was all of the back of Chris's WP, so surely I need to get something back for them as well?????

We paid no fee for the children, which is why I don't think we need study permits (my logic being that they did not have them to start with).

I really wish we had got our act together sooner, could just have applied for PR and saved one lot of form filling.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:45 am

Yes I know the bits I have to do for chris and I, the bit that confuses me is what I do for the children, in their visitor record in passport it says that they have to leave by 30th March 2009.

Now this was all of the back of Chris's WP, so surely I need to get something back for them as well?????

We paid no fee for the children, which is why I don't think we need study permits (my logic being that they did not have them to start with).

I really wish we had got our act together sooner, could just have applied for PR and saved one lot of form filling.
Oh I agree with that one!!

My kids passport shows them being attached to David's work permit - it doesn't say when they should leave.

I would still say tick "none". My eldest is now at school but as school didn't ask for a study permit so I am not asking for one! Save myself $150!