Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extending visitors visa's - how likely to get 3 years?

Wikiposts

Extending visitors visa's - how likely to get 3 years?

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:25 am
Just Joined

seang1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending visitors visa's - how likely to get 3 years?

I have recently applied to sponsor my parents to immigrate from the uk, so while I am waiting for the next 32 months to hear if I am eligible, I would still like them to come and live with me. As UK citizens, they are eligible for the 6 month visitors visa, I have read that you can apply for an extension to this.

How likely is it that they could get an extension on their visas until their sponsorship is approved or denied, probably close to 3 years in total? Does anyone have any experiences they could share.

thanks in advance,

Seang
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending visitors visa's - how likely to get 3 years?

There is very little chance of getting such a long series of extensions even in the situation you mention.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

I had no bother at all with a year and half so long as you can provide proof of funds eg landing funds x2 for each year plus evidence of health insurance ( not travllers insurance but full scale ex pat insurance)
and the usual about will return to the uk if sposorship not sucessfull for any reason also provide some utility bills for back in the uk to prove they have a hamoe to go to if sponsorship not sucessful etc etc etc

my advice would be to ask for a year after the first 6 months then take it from there.
I have dfeinityl heard of at least 2 cases like yours sponsoring parents that have been given extansions for long periods.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:33 am
Just Joined

seang1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chumley
I had no bother at all with a year and half so long as you can provide proof of funds eg landing funds x2 for each year plus evidence of health insurance ( not travllers insurance but full scale ex pat insurance)
and the usual about will return to the uk if sposorship not sucessfull for any reason also provide some utility bills for back in the uk to prove they have a hamoe to go to if sponsorship not sucessful etc etc etc

my advice would be to ask for a year after the first 6 months then take it from there.
I have dfeinityl heard of at least 2 cases like yours sponsoring parents that have been given extansions for long periods.

Thanks for the advice, I will suggest they do that when they come out early next year.

Congratulations on becoming landed, by the way. Went through it all about 10 years ago, worth every minute of time spent, IMO.
Have you had your first snowfall yet? I travel quite often to Halifax, great place, even under 6ft of snow!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

you are welcome

been here 20 months now really enjoyed the winter last year
only a sprinkling of snow so far this year but hopefully some coming tomorow yipee!

good luck
Old Dec 30th 2009, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Hi Chumley,

Long time no hear. I see by the "Crikey all done" that it must all gone through ok.

How are you doing after all this time?

Can't believe we have been here 2 years April 2010.