Wikiposts

extending my stay in canada

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:15 am
Just Joined

befree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default extending my stay in canada

if your on a bunac visa and it is about to expire and you are waiting for PR applications to be processed is there any way to extend your stay in the country whilst you wait for the PR?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:24 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: extending my stay in canada

Originally Posted by befree
if your on a bunac visa and it is about to expire and you are waiting for PR applications to be processed is there any way to extend your stay in the country whilst you wait for the PR?
I think that you have to apply for a Visitor Visa.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

but on the cic website under the visitor visa it states that:

To visit Canada, you must:

" satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
* satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit "

if im applying for a Permanent Resident visa under the spousal sponsorship would this not cause a problem?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road

I was on a BUNAC visa I applied to change my status to a visitor so I could stay in Canada with my wife for the PR application. They advise you send it in 30 days before your current visa expires, but they can receive it a day before it expires.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

great so how do i go about applying ?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

staceyw82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your in the same position as me, I'm getting my employer to apply for an LMO so i can continue to work here while i apply for PR. hopefully it will be accepted. You can get all your forms off the CIC website, they'll send them out to you.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

but on the cic website under the visitor visa it states that:

To visit Canada, you must:

" satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
* satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit "

if im applying for a Permanent Resident visa under the spousal sponsorship would this not cause a problem?
you can extend your status as a visitor even if you have a PR application in the system. Just state that you would like to have visitor status until you receive the PR visa. State that if your application for visitor status is denied you will return to the UK immediately.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:48 am
Just Joined

i was reading through the guide before filling in the application and noticed that it states that british citizens are exempt from the visitor visa ?
is there not a way that i could just go to a visa office and have them stamp my passport?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:53 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

i was reading through the guide before filling in the application and noticed that it states that british citizens are exempt from the visitor visa ?
is there not a way that i could just go to a visa office and have them stamp my passport?
You don't need a visa, but will have an entry permit stamped in your passport to be legally admitted to the country, this also has the expiration date written in by the immigration officer. If you are near a border crossing you could go down and speak to an immigration officer. You can walk in and do this without having to leave Canada.