extended stay

Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:07 am
Just Joined

geordie female is an unknown quantity at this point
Default extended stay

hi all im new to this site and i hope some of you will be able to help me i recently sent in my extended stay applicatin giving my reason to stay as currently doing our paper work for our pr applicatoin and arranging our wedding whishing to stay with fiance untill a deccision is made i even sent in a copy of my pr reciept as proof will my reasons be enough to satisfy the immigration any replys to my thread would be very grateful thanks for taking the time to read it
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: extended stay

It's apparently not uncommon for an extension to be granted if an application is underway for spousal pr. I've done the same thing and there's lots of people that do it. As long as your paperwork is in order it's normally OK.

I will add though that this is just my experience and that of reading others on here. I do suppose a lot has to do with whether you are from a visa waiver country / what you stated you reason for coming in in the first place was, whether you are a mass murderer etc.

PS welcome to the site

Further edited to add with a name like Geordiefemale i'm thinking you're from the UK!!!!! so should raise less flags than others!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:08 am
Just Joined

hi yeh im from the uk and thanks for the reply and my reason for comming to canada was tourist and this is my second application to extend my stay my first was granted on wanting to explore my relationship with my canadian partner
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe FL / PMM will chime in and give their opinion
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

CIC will look at a number of things. Coming here as a tourist is fine as long as not working. One extension request is usually favourable. When 2 or more extension requests are made that will throw up a red flag to CPC Vegreville.
Why is another extension needed? How is this person supporting themselves. Do they have medical coverage? Are they working illegally.
When will this person be returning and do they have ties to the UK.
Yes having a boyfriend in Canada is a legitimate reason to want to stay.
Is there likely to be a spousal/common law application submitted.
Has a wedding date been set and where will it take place. Has the sponsor the means to support and qualify as a sponsor.
No definitive answer can be given.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 11:37 am
Just Joined

hi in answer to your reply my fiance is supporting me i do have medical coverage and the application will be spousal my partner is in full time employment and we are planning our wedding for november this year and i am not working and yes i do have ties to the uk
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:06 am
Just Joined

hi i would just like to say happy thanksgiving to all on this blog currentley in canada
Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Chrisg221 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same boat, I got mrried to my canadian wife in juky and my visa runs out in 2 weeks, i applied like 3 weeks ago and heard nothing back, the whole application for residency in my eyes is confusing and stressful!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Shangri-lass is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently posted on here about the subject of tourist visas, so it's good to hear that extensions can be granted (fairly easily?)!!!

Geordie Female, if you don't mind me asking, how long were you granted on your first tourist visa?

I visited my Canadian boyfriend two weeks ago for 1 week, and now in a month's time I am coming for 6 months - although it's up to CIC to say how long isn't it?

I'll be applying for an extension for sure because we want to get married soon, but his divorce won't come through till next summer.

I hope you get the answer you need from Immigration soon Geordie Female!
xxx
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Chrisg221 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shangri-lass
I recently posted on here about the subject of tourist visas, so it's good to hear that extensions can be granted (fairly easily?)!!!

Geordie Female, if you don't mind me asking, how long were you granted on your first tourist visa?

I visited my Canadian boyfriend two weeks ago for 1 week, and now in a month's time I am coming for 6 months - although it's up to CIC to say how long isn't it?

I'll be applying for an extension for sure because we want to get married soon, but his divorce won't come through till next summer.

I hope you get the answer you need from Immigration soon Geordie Female!
xxx
You get 6 months because your British and after 5 months you need to apply for am extension! Bit i have also heard of you tell the border officer your intent he or she will give you 1 year. But that is luck of the draw
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Shangri-lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chrisg221!

I thought that the immigration can grant UP to 6 months, but it's not guaranteed to get 6 (for instance they might decide 3 months, or 5, or 2)? At the moment I am too scared to build my hopes up for getting 6 months, as I am convinced something is going to go wrong. I am desperate to be with my boyfriend

But I am very much a beginner to all this, so apologies if I am indeed getting it wrong.
cheers,
S
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shangri-lass
But I am very much a beginner to all this, so apologies if I am indeed getting it wrong.
You're absolutely right, it's up to six months, so you could be given less. Having said that, six months is the norm for UK citizens.