Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extend visitor Visa....Giving address

Wikiposts

Extend visitor Visa....Giving address

Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light
Default Extend visitor Visa....Giving address

Hi...Not sure if anyone has been through this but here goes.

My husband moved out here for a job (he is Canadian) in advance of me and the kids. We came not sure whether we would stay or go back to UK for a bit and return as hubby's job wasnt really stable. We knew we would DEFINITELY be moving here at some point but not 100% whether it would be so soon.....Anyway, we entered the country as visitors, kids have citizenship but I have UK passport. While humming and hawing about staying/leaving.....my 6 months are almost over!!!! Hubby's job still isnt overly secure but we are renting and have all our personal possessions here now. Having said that, I have now decided to just go for the spouse application (wish we had gone for our original plans of applying before we left UK!!!!!)
So, my query, upon applying for an extension to my 6 months visitor's allowance, it asks for your address. Do I write the one I am in in Canada or my parents' place in the UK......As I am not really allowed to be 'living' here until we finalise the sponsorship application at least! We aim to have the sponsorship application in before xmas but I need to be sorted out with the temp one before mid Dec when my time runs out aaarrgghhh!!! Urgh, I so should have just applied in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!....I know, I am an idiot......Just wondered what to do!!!....Other than going home and back again obviously!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extend visitor Visa....Giving address

use the address in canada. just applying for the visitor extension gives you implied status until they process it and send you a visitor visa to stick in your passport. Visitor extensions can take a couple of months to process but you will be able to legally stay. Make sure you keep proof that you have applied for the extension
Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chanceUK
use the address in canada. just applying for the visitor extension gives you implied status until they process it and send you a visitor visa to stick in your passport. Visitor extensions can take a couple of months to process but you will be able to legally stay. Make sure you keep proof that you have applied for the extension
Thank you! I feel a little less stressed already!! I am fashionably late for EVERYTHING......I guess this is the one thing I should not have left to last minute....Thanks again!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:55 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Being fashionably late with an extension of status application will cost you $200 and some anxiety so I would get cracking and take it seriously.