Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

extend my stay in Canada as a visitor

extend my stay in Canada as a visitor

Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 17
chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default extend my stay in Canada as a visitor

Hi Folks,

Next week I´ll have been in Toronto for 6 months and therefore need to extend my stay. I sent off my application for Permanent Residency (via common-law partner sponsorship) a little over a month ago. Should I mention this when I apply for my extension? Would it be better to apply online or paper form? Also, I have a problem showing how I am able to support myself for the extenion. In reality, my boyfriend (who is a student with a student loan) is covering both our expenses until I become a permanent resident and am able to work). I suppose I could ask him to print a copy of his bank statement. Would this suffice? My bank statement wouldn´t help my case as it isn´t looking very healthy! Also, does it matter that I haven´t applied 30 days before my 6 months expires? The expiry date is actually 21st March although I didn´t get a stamp in my passport when I arrived so I have no passport stamps to show.

Not sure what the easiest option is for me.

Any advice/comments much appreciated.

chicadeb is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.