Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry and UK student loans

Express Entry and UK student loans

Old Jan 5th 2017, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

kryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express Entry and UK student loans

Hi all,

I have my EE ita! Yay! Now, I have the minimum funds needed in my account however I also have a student loan.

Now, do we declare the student loan and if so is it counted against you?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 12:47 am
Just Joined

snpero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry and UK student loans

From the EE Online Services (MyCIC) instructions for Proof of Means of Financial Support:

Originally Posted by MyCIC
Express Entry - Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

- list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
- list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
- be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
(Emphasis mine.)
Old Jan 6th 2017, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I would declare for full disclosure but would also be worth including details from SLC on how these operate i.e. they are not standard loans in that the payment terms, % etc. are all mandated by government policy.

It would be very harsh to count these against someone, but I am not sure how they look at them.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:57 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
I would declare for full disclosure but would also be worth including details from SLC on how these operate i.e. they are not standard loans in that the payment terms, % etc. are all mandated by government policy.

It would be very harsh to count these against someone, but I am not sure how they look at them.
I would probably go with this.

Definitely add some info in your Letter of Explanation on how these don't affect your credit score in the UK.