Express Entry for IT Technician

Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:25 am
Just Joined

brat02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry for IT Technician

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah. Not it means one course (program) of three years or more, not several put together. The courses that you've listed aren't likely to count for any points I'm afraid as they are vocational/professional, rather than academic.
I see, thanks
Old Jul 29th 2020, 1:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brat02
I see, thanks
No probs. Unfortunately unless you have other education that you've not mentioned, I'm afraid you're going to fall well short of the points requirement for EE or Ontario PNP, even with a job offer. So if Ontario is the only province you'll consider, you'll need to try and find a job offer/sponsoring employer, move over on a Temp Work Permit, and then try and apply for PR once you've worked there for a year or two and got your points up.

Are you absolutely sure that you wouldn't look elsewhere in Canada? It's just that you'd have more chance in other provinces, for example in BC your occupation is on the list of 29 eligible occupations for the BC Tech Pilot program - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...PNP-Tech-Pilot If you'd consider it, it may be worth looking elsewhere in Canada?

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 29th 2020 at 1:31 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 3:23 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brat02
Yes, I guess 2282 - User support technicians is the correct one for me, unfortunatelly I do not have any degree but have quite a certificates from different courses -City & Guilds Diploma IT Practitioners L1 & L2 – Jul 2008
-City & Guilds Advanced Diploma IT Practitioners L3 – Aug 2010
-Level 1 Certificate in IT Systems Support - PC Maintenance – Apr 2008
-Level 2 Diploma for IT Practitioners – Jul 2008
-Level 3 Advanced Diploma for IT Professionals – Aug 2010
-IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software – Jul 2008
-IT Essentials 2: Network Operating Systems – Jul 2008
-CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP – Jun 2009
-CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses – Feb 2009
Just to confirm what Christmasoompa has said, you cannot claim any CRS credit for IT certifications or courses unless they counted towards a degree or university diploma.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 7:45 am
Just Joined

brat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No probs. Unfortunately unless you have other education that you've not mentioned, I'm afraid you're going to fall well short of the points requirement for EE or Ontario PNP, even with a job offer. So if Ontario is the only province you'll consider, you'll need to try and find a job offer/sponsoring employer, move over on a Temp Work Permit, and then try and apply for PR once you've worked there for a year or two and got your points up.

Are you absolutely sure that you wouldn't look elsewhere in Canada? It's just that you'd have more chance in other provinces, for example in BC your occupation is on the list of 29 eligible occupations for the BC Tech Pilot program - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...PNP-Tech-Pilot If you'd consider it, it may be worth looking elsewhere in Canada?

Best of luck to you.
thank you, I will have a look
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There may also be a potential for the Atlantic Provinces Pilot Project - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-program.html