Express Entry Stages and Status

Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express Entry Stages and Status

Does anyone know or know of any threads about the statuses you get on you profile once submitted, e.g. Back ground check in progress etc and the order things happen in?

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Stages and Status

Originally Posted by DaleBoy
Does anyone know or know of any threads about the statuses you get on you profile once submitted, e.g. Back ground check in progress etc and the order things happen in?

Thanks
You normally get medical passed as the first change after about 2 month. After that I don't know I have been 4.5 months with no changes to the status.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Very very generally speaking, the process is:

ITA --> AOR --> Medicals passed --> IP1 --> N/A --> IP2 --> PPR
  • You receive your ITA, and you have 90 days to submit the full application
  • On submitting the full application, you receive an AOR or Acknowledgement of Receipt
  • Medical passed could take about 2 months, but recently its only been a month for some. It will say 'You have passed the medical'. I think this could be preceded with a background check of not applicable...
  • Background checks happen in two stages, on some forums they are labelled IP1 (in progress 1) and IP2 (in progress 2).
  • IP1 usually follows shortly after the medicals are passed, and should last a few days before the background check goes to not applicable again. The text I believe just says 'In progress'
  • This not applicable stage can last from a month to many months.
  • When the background check goes to 'We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information', then you are in IP2.
  • After IP2 follows PPR, or Passport Request, which is the visa office asking for your passport so they can stamp it with something confirming your PR. At this stage you have been accepted.

Please note that the timelines are very rough, there are many factors that can affect your application such as spouse/#dependants, travel history, PCC's, and many more thing. Even certain streams seem to be slower, for example PNP applications seem to take longer than FSW, and CEC is fastest (Again generally speaking).

Not all of the above changes trigger an email to you. so its a good idea to check your application regularly.

There is a good resource called Immitracker (Immitracker express entry tracker) which allows you to enter high level details and dates of your application to compare to others. Be sure to filter by your stream first. You dont have to actually join to look at it, but its helpful for others if you do.

Hope that helps!
Old Jul 15th 2017, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

the forums on CanadaVisa (i hope mentioning other forums is ok) has quite extensive timeline breakdowns as well as the trackers for the various months AORs hosted there (April EE tracker https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trac...idency-tracker)

by combining a bit of play on the tracker and using their forums you should be able to figure out the usual process.

In general it seems to be

Medicals passed
then your background will move from In progress 1 or not Applicable, but some people may never seen IP1 its so quick.
then you might see changes regarding the additional documents section
followed by in background to We are processing your background check (IP2)

IP2 seems to be a pretty good indicator you are about 2 weeks away from getting your Passport request email.

EDIT: should read everything before quick reply, Gorbzilla has covered everything
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Shenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla

• You receive your ITA, and you have 90 days to submit the full application
  • On submitting the full application, you receive an AOR or Acknowledgement of Receipt
  • Medical passed could take about 2 months, but recently its only been a month for some. It will say 'You have passed the medical'. I think this could be preceded with a background check of not applicable...
  • Background checks happen in two stages, on some forums they are labelled IP1 (in progress 1) and IP2 (in progress 2).
  • IP1 usually follows shortly after the medicals are passed, and should last a few days before the background check goes to not applicable again. The text I believe just says 'In progress'
  • This not applicable stage can last from a month to many months.
  • When the background check goes to 'We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information', then you are in IP2.
  • After IP2 follows PPR, or Passport Request, which is the visa office asking for your passport so they can stamp it with something confirming your PR. At this stage you have been accepted.

Please note that the timelines are very rough, there are many factors that can affect your application such as spouse/#dependants, travel history, PCC's, and many more thing. Even certain streams seem to be slower, for example PNP applications seem to take longer than FSW, and CEC is fastest (Again generally speaking).

Not all of the above changes trigger an email to you. so its a good idea to check your application regularly.

There is a good resource called Immitracker (Immitracker express entry tracker) which allows you to enter high level details and dates of your application to compare to others. Be sure to filter by your stream first. You dont have to actually join to look at it, but its helpful for others if you do.

Hope that helps!
Hello,
Can a background process start before medical passed?
When I submitted my PR application, the background text was something like 'we received your background info submitted'.

A few days/weeks later it went to: 'Not applicable'. It remained like this for couple of months.

On 27th of July (2.5 months later),my medical info updated: to medical pass.

On 28th July, background info changed from ' Not applicable' into 'we are processing your background check. If we need further info we will contact you'

Could i on be on stage 1 or last stage of the background check?
For work reasons, I am going to be out of the country for 10 weeks (from mid Aug to mid October). I am somewhat worried, as I don't want to mess things up. Especially since my WHV is coming to an end in end of Nov.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance as always.
Shenkor
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shenkor
Hello,
Can a background process start before medical passed?
When I submitted my PR application, the background text was something like 'we received your background info submitted'.

A few days/weeks later it went to: 'Not applicable'. It remained like this for couple of months.

On 27th of July (2.5 months later),my medical info updated: to medical pass.

On 28th July, background info changed from ' Not applicable' into 'we are processing your background check. If we need further info we will contact you'

Could i on be on stage 1 or last stage of the background check?
For work reasons, I am going to be out of the country for 10 weeks (from mid Aug to mid October). I am somewhat worried, as I don't want to mess things up. Especially since my WHV is coming to an end in end of Nov.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance as always.
Shenkor
With CIC, anything is possible! There is nothing concerning with statuses updating in an odd order or slower/quicker than others. The background status of yours is certainly IP2 (as described in my previous email). Most get a final decision within 10 days or so of this status change.

As for you being out of the country, the first thing the passport request email says is to let the visa office know if you cant meet the 30 day deadline. Simply explain your situation, and it'll be fine. I think once you do send it, it can take up to 4 weeks to be returned. I'm sorry I don't know what WHV is, but hope this info helps.

Very best of luck with this, hope you get good news soon!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond repute

With CIC, anything is possible! There is nothing concerning with statuses updating in an odd order or slower/quicker than others. The background status of yours is certainly IP2 (as described in my previous email). Most get a final decision within 10 days or so of this status change.

As for you being out of the country, the first thing the passport request email says is to let the visa office know if you cant meet the 30 day deadline. Simply explain your situation, and it'll be fine. I think once you do send it, it can take up to 4 weeks to be returned. I'm sorry I don't know what WHV is, but hope this info helps.

Very best of luck with this, hope you get good news soon!
Thank you so much Gorbzilla. It does help so much. I was afraid CIC may have a time limit for when CIC will require my UK passport.
I am delivering a training and support as my organization is deploying a new HR and Payroll software in USA. I cannot afford to miss this event, therefore I will start to prepare a letter for CIC as you recommended.

I indeed saw the time line explanation, which I found to be super helpful. Its just my background was a little bit out of sync of IP(1), N/A, IP(2), so I was just enquiring. I realize there's no rhyme or reason for CIC to follow strict steps or timelines.

Hope I will get good news soon as well.

WHV is working holiday visa.
Thank you so much once again.

Cheers
Shenkor
Old Aug 4th 2017, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not the OP but I am doing Express Entry, that's all great information, thank you for sharing
Old Aug 7th 2017, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

So upon receiving my 1st email from CIC after submission They have told me;

1. You do not need a medical (Even though we went through the medical process on the
14th of June as afamily of 5)
2. You do not need a background check (I did however submit both police certificates for my wife and I)

Will my medical results have been processed in the background even though I didnt get around to submitting my application nearly 2 months later?

Thanks for your help

Farmboy
Old Aug 7th 2017, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
So upon receiving my 1st email from CIC after submission They have told me;

1. You do not need a medical (Even though we went through the medical process on the 14th of June as afamily
2. You do not need a background check (I did however submit both police certificates for my wife and I)

Will my medical results have been processed in the background even though I didnt get around to submitting my application nearly 2 months later?

Thanks for your help

Farmboy
I submitted my background and medical when info at the time of submitting for my PR.
I had the same status on the medical column until 2.5 months. Then medical changed to pass. I read here and in some forums, CIC is taking on average around 2-2.5 months to process medical. You are almost there, in the next few weeks you will see a change in your medical.

Background check, "You do not need a background check" again this was the first step. My background check went from You do not need a background check > Not application > for 2.5 months. A day after medical passed it went to "we are processing your background check" as you can see on above messages.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shenkor
I had the same status on the medical column until 2.5 months. Then medical changed to pass. I read here and in some forums, CIC is taking on average around 2-2.5 months to process medical. You are almost there, in the next few weeks you will see a change in your medical.

This was also my experience.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

The statuses on the online system can be a bit misleading, the main thing to look for first is 'medical passed', then back ground check in process, then background check not applicable, then background check 'we are processing your background check', then the passport request comes through (this is a 'typical' sequence anyway).

The time between these status changes can vary drastically. The main thing I would suggest is check the system every day, as sometimes they ask for additional information but you dont get an email, and the deadline can be quite short.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gorbzilla,

I just logged back on as I hadnt been on the site for a few days. The offical letter was there informing me that CIC had received my application and they were reviewing my case. They have mentioned a Bridging permit in the letter however my TFWP doesnt expire until January 2018. Do you still think I need to apply for a Bridging Permit anyway??

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Thanks Gorbzilla,

I just logged back on as I hadnt been on the site for a few days. The offical letter was there informing me that CIC had received my application and they were reviewing my case. They have mentioned a Bridging permit in the letter however my TFWP doesnt expire until January 2018. Do you still think I need to apply for a Bridging Permit anyway??

Thanks

Farmboy
1. It is probably worth the $255.00 to apply for the BOWP, just in case your COPR hasn't come through by January.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with PMM although it's still too early to apply now: it needs to be within 4 months of expiry of the current Work Permit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.