Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:46 pm
  #1381  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 137
DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by GMcD1983 View Post
Thanks Shakyuk, the refusal letter states this: 'In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have two post-secondary credentials. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) from WES you submitted you have one Bachelor’s degree (four years).' but the WES certificate I have mentions both Canadian equivalent qualifications, one being the degree and the second being the diploma, so we can only assume they are not classing the diploma as post secondary, even though it is a post secondary qualification in the UK, but it is not clear. I want to ask CIC for more info, but I need to wait for the lawyer to clarify.

We are going to explore PNP options next. Unfortunately the job I do never comes up on job bank, it's the nature of my industry, and the job I do is contract work so it will not likely be possible for a company to give me a job offer that will be backed up my an LMIA because they can never guarantee full time permanent work. I am exploring this further though too.
Hi, so you say both qualifications were on the WES report, but what was stated in the overall summary right at the top? I have been told you must go by that and not whats in the breakdown below?

cheers
DaleBoy is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2016, 8:07 am
  #1382  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: London, England
Posts: 28
GMcD1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi all, the points are dropping slowly and more ITA's have been issued with the last 2 draws, so it's all going in the right direction which is promising. Fingers crossed it keeps going that way.

DaleBoy - yes you are right the summary at the top only mentions the degree, so in hindsight the reason was there all along, it's obvious when you look back now. Our lawyer didn't even spot that one, even though he raised the issue from looking at our points. Onwards and upwards.

I thought I would send an update on where we are at currently...

We are in Vancouver at the moment, it was definitely a good call for us to come out, not only to look at the courses for a potential study permit, which is now our back-up option for a course starting in January, but now the company my boyfriend had a seasonal job lined up with, have now changed his job offer to a permanent one, so they can now support a PNP application, and the points have dropped enough that my boyfriend should get an invite. This is the first time we have been able to explore the PNP option so I have a few questions if anyone has the knowledge please?

1. Does anyone know if you need to upload job reference letters with the BC PNP application, or is it literally just the Job Offer form and letters from the employer offering you the job that you need? The program guides seems to only list those and nothing else.

2. Has anyone recently applied for the BC PNP? The processing time for the nomination is currently 2-3 months, just wondering if anyone has any experience they can feedback on of this?

3. My boyfriend doesn't currently have a work permit, so would need to apply for one once he receives the nomination (whilst we wait for PR) with a nomination support letter, processing time for this says currently 5 weeks, if anyone has any experience of this, it would be great to know what's involved?

Thanks
Gemma
GMcD1983 is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2016, 8:10 am
  #1383  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 30,128
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by GMcD1983 View Post
Hi all, the points are dropping slowly and more ITA's have been issued with the last 2 draws, so it's all going in the right direction which is promising. Fingers crossed it keeps going that way.

DaleBoy - yes you are right the summary at the top only mentions the degree, so in hindsight the reason was there all along, it's obvious when you look back now. Our lawyer didn't even spot that one, even though he raised the issue from looking at our points. Onwards and upwards.

I thought I would send an update on where we are at currently...

We are in Vancouver at the moment, it was definitely a good call for us to come out, not only to look at the courses for a potential study permit, which is now our back-up option for a course starting in January, but now the company my boyfriend had a seasonal job lined up with, have now changed his job offer to a permanent one, so they can now support a PNP application, and the points have dropped enough that my boyfriend should get an invite. This is the first time we have been able to explore the PNP option so I have a few questions if anyone has the knowledge please?

1. Does anyone know if you need to upload job reference letters with the BC PNP application, or is it literally just the Job Offer form and letters from the employer offering you the job that you need? The program guides seems to only list those and nothing else.

2. Has anyone recently applied for the BC PNP? The processing time for the nomination is currently 2-3 months, just wondering if anyone has any experience they can feedback on of this?

3. My boyfriend doesn't currently have a work permit, so would need to apply for one once he receives the nomination (whilst we wait for PR) with a nomination support letter, processing time for this says currently 5 weeks, if anyone has any experience of this, it would be great to know what's involved?

Thanks
Gemma
Can I ask that you please start a new thread with your BC PNP questions? This is really just for EE application scores and progress, and I know that you'll apply for EE eventually, but as you're asking about the BC PNP application it would be better to start a new stand alone thread. Those with PNP experience might not look at this thread, but they will see a new one with a relevant title so hopefully you'll get more info and it will keep this thread from going off track.

Thanks.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2016, 8:33 pm
  #1384  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: London, England
Posts: 28
GMcD1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Can I ask that you please start a new thread with your BC PNP questions? This is really just for EE application scores and progress, and I know that you'll apply for EE eventually, but as you're asking about the BC PNP application it would be better to start a new stand alone thread. Those with PNP experience might not look at this thread, but they will see a new one with a relevant title so hopefully you'll get more info and it will keep this thread from going off track.

Thanks.

Will do!
GMcD1983 is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:49 pm
  #1385  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 36
RGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Does anybody have any experience with work experience points through running a business?

I ran my own business for 11 years, and there's a class 0 NOC for my job, but:

- We only had a handful of employees
- I was only paid for 6 of those years, and it was well below minimum wage
- I did other things at the same time (full-time student, including an MA).
- The people who owned the business with me have passed away, and as a result:
- The business is no longer operating

If CIC accept I have 6 years of Class 0 foreign work experience (and, I guess more importantly, I can document it to their satisfaction), and assuming I do well on the IELTS, I have 486 points. If not, well...I don't.

Is it worth me submitting an EE application? I'm also eligible for the IEC and will apply when it opens.
RGH80 is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:01 pm
  #1386  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 30,128
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by RGH80 View Post
Does anybody have any experience with work experience points through running a business?

I ran my own business for 11 years, and there's a class 0 NOC for my job, but:

- We only had a handful of employees
- I was only paid for 6 of those years, and it was well below minimum wage
- I did other things at the same time (full-time student, including an MA).
- The people who owned the business with me have passed away, and as a result:
- The business is no longer operating

If CIC accept I have 6 years of Class 0 foreign work experience (and, I guess more importantly, I can document it to their satisfaction), and assuming I do well on the IELTS, I have 486 points. If not, well...I don't.

Is it worth me submitting an EE application? I'm also eligible for the IEC and will apply when it opens.
If it was your own business then you'll need other proof rather than the normal employment ref letters. This will be a letter from your accountant, a copy of your accounts, reference letters from clients etc. As long as you can provide all that, and prove that you did the job you say you did, you'll be fine - your earnings or the number of employees don't even come in to it, or the fact that the business doesn't exist any longer (get a print out of the info from Companies House website to show this as well).

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:08 am
  #1387  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 962
Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
If it was your own business then you'll need other proof rather than the normal employment ref letters. This will be a letter from your accountant, a copy of your accounts, reference letters from clients etc. As long as you can provide all that, and prove that you did the job you say you did, you'll be fine - your earnings or the number of employees don't even come in to it, or the fact that the business doesn't exist any longer (get a print out of the info from Companies House website to show this as well).

HTH.

Good to know for me too, thanks
Shakyuk is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2016, 7:35 pm
  #1388  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
dtjmiddleton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

So I've received my PR card 35 days after landing. That's it. Complete. What a whirlwind year it has been.

Now where do I look into Citizenship
dtjmiddleton is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2016, 7:59 pm
  #1389  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 18,203
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by dtjmiddleton View Post
So I've received my PR card 35 days after landing. That's it. Complete. What a whirlwind year it has been.

Now where do I look into Citizenship

The CIC website in about 3 yrs
Canadian citizenship
Former Lancastrian is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:18 pm
  #1390  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,795
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by dtjmiddleton View Post
Now where do I look into Citizenship

Its dependent on whether the government goes ahead with its new plans for 3 out 5 rolling years instead of 4 out of every 6 and if the time on a IEC/TWP counting as half a day for up to 1 year towards it!


So anything from 2/2.5 years to 4 years - even more if you spend any major amount of time outside of Canada.


Keep all your documents, keep a track of your address history, employment history and travel history


For now I would just chill out though
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2016, 9:13 pm
  #1391  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
dtjmiddleton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

For now I would just chill out though
Oh, absolutely. I don't want to see the word immigration for a very long time!
dtjmiddleton is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:10 am
  #1392  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 257
miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by dtjmiddleton View Post
So I've received my PR card 35 days after landing. That's it. Complete. What a whirlwind year it has been.

Now where do I look into Citizenship
Congrats jtjmiddleton, that's very fast processing for CIC for issuing their PR cards! I've landed not long, so still waiting for mine. I was told it was about 6weeks when I landed.
miss_mp is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:49 pm
  #1393  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 765
bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hello,

It's been a while. I was trying (and failing sometimes) to avoid immigration forums while my EE application was in progress (I found they added to the stress more than they helped).

I just got my PPR. My AOR date was March 17th so it was approx. 7 months and 2 weeks processing time. I used a representative so I've no idea about when each stage of the process was in progress (they didn't volunteer the information and I didn't ask)

The wait was pretty tough, but I kept myself busy and tried not to think about it too much. I was tempted to order GCMS notes on a couple of occasions but decided against it when I realised how much overhead it creates when you request them.

I did lose some hope when it went over 6 months, but I guess the thing to realise is that the processing standard is 80% of applications within 6 months and there could be any number of reasons for it to go over 6 months.

Anyway, best of luck to anyone else going through this process. I'm going to slink back into the shadows or lurking.
bc2015 is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 1:19 am
  #1394  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,795
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by bc2015 View Post
Hello,



I just got my PPR. My AOR date was March 17th so it was approx. 7 months and 2 weeks processing time.

Congrats
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:27 pm
  #1395  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 51
Adamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud ofAdamodo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi guys I recieved my ITA for PR last week and now I'm current filling out the online forms. I was hoping someone could help me out with a question.
At the top of the page it asks to answer exactly how it shows on your passport. There is a question that says "City of birth" My british passport only says place of birth. Should I put Liverpool the city I was born in or Fazakerley the place of birth as it says in my passport?

Thanks
Adamodo is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.