Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It could be that they have a backlog (especially of applications pre January 2015.)

This is their way of dealing with it.
That's true, hopefully! I'm still waiting on my education assessment and English test date anyway so can't even submit my profile.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Given the recent trend in invitation volumes I'm personally starting to get a little worried. I'm at 465 and will by the end of the year lose 6 more points due to age factors, which is a lot given the cut-off recently. I'm also getting annoying close to having to re-test my English (....).

Typical invite volumes were ~1500 every fortnight (min score roughly in the 450-465 region), but this dropped to ~1000 on 9th March this year (min score roughly in the 470's). That went on for 4 invite rounds, and since then, the volumes have been closer to 750 or 800 (min scores in the 480's), so the last 7 rounds.

I really hope its just a back log and not a long term approach. I had originally though that Express entry would be the main entry point by far, but the following site suggests only ~55k per year will enter via FSW, FST, and CEC:

Notice – Supplementary Information 2016 Immigration Levels Plan

Maybe I underestimated how high the volumes from other paths would be. Also its possible that CIC have re-evaluated certain paths given the refugee crisis in the middle east & Europe (20% of the immigration target is for refugees). I'm just guessing here though.

On the other hand, over half way through the year, and only 17k of ~55k have been invited, so I'm hopeful the invite volumes may rise. 55k would suggest that at least 2k invites need to go out each fortnight. If Express Entry covers all Economic classes, then CIC are massively under target.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
If Express Entry covers all Economic classes, then CIC are massively under target.
Economic also includes 'normal' PNP apps, self-employed, Start Up visa program, Live-In Caregiver program etc.

Don't forget that target figure includes those getting PR that applied prior to EE too. If you read deeper in to the doc you've linked to, the note under the Economic classes says 'almost half of admissions are expected to come from Express Entry' - so that would be approx 24,000 of the total figure, which may be why ITA's have dropped.

Good luck, I really hope you get an ITA soon.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Christmasoompa, I really hope so too.

If they do another mid-year report soon I think it'll be really insightful.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure this has already been asked. What do people do for the ECA if they only have a piece of official paper from the exam board with exam grades on it?

I know my wife has a certificate for her degree and I have them for courses completed more recently, but my school/college results are all just paper.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 6:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LonelyCloud
I'm sure this has already been asked. What do people do for the ECA if they only have a piece of official paper from the exam board with exam grades on it?

I know my wife has a certificate for her degree and I have them for courses completed more recently, but my school/college results are all just paper.
For degrees you need to send clear photocopies of the certificates that you hold and also have the transcripts sent directly from the Uni.

World Education Services - Required Documents

For school certs:

External examination results for the GCSE and/or GCE A-Level examinations to be sent directly by the appropriate examining body.

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I'm currently on my second IEC permit (one of the lucky ones to get one before IEC 2015 so I still qualified for a extra 2yrs) and I'm now ready to apply through EE.

I've got my ECA for my degrees and my scores for IELTS are on the way.
My question is regarding Canadian work experience. I read that you only receive points towards your CRS for Canadian experience if it falls under the NOC codes 0, A or B,

Unfortunately I've had a really tough time landing work in my profession (despite making personal contacts, interviews and speaking to fellows in my industry). I do have a phone interview tomorrow so there's some respite and glimmer of hope.

Instead I worked in low-skilled fields to pay the bills and I was wondering if it still counts as Canadian experience, or if there's a way to leverage that experience as I apply for EE.

Thanks,
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 12:57 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
Hello all,

I'm currently on my second IEC permit (one of the lucky ones to get one before IEC 2015 so I still qualified for a extra 2yrs) and I'm now ready to apply through EE.

I've got my ECA for my degrees and my scores for IELTS are on the way.
My question is regarding Canadian work experience. I read that you only receive points towards your CRS for Canadian experience if it falls under the NOC codes 0, A or B,

Unfortunately I've had a really tough time landing work in my profession (despite making personal contacts, interviews and speaking to fellows in my industry). I do have a phone interview tomorrow so there's some respite and glimmer of hope.

Instead I worked in low-skilled fields to pay the bills and I was wondering if it still counts as Canadian experience, or if there's a way to leverage that experience as I apply for EE.

Thanks,

If the experience is not in NOCs A, B or 0 then it wont count towards points for work experience.

As long as you have at least 12 months full time foreign work experience (outside of Canada) in your chosen NOC you can apply under FSW.

CEC requires 12 months of full time, permanent experience

I believe this is correct but someone else will be along to confirm
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
If the experience is not in NOCs A, B or 0 then it wont count towards points for work experience.

As long as you have at least 12 months full time foreign work experience (outside of Canada) in your chosen NOC you can apply under FSW.

CEC requires 12 months of full time, permanent experience

I believe this is correct but someone else will be along to confirm
Thanks becki, I figured as much, I did check CEC a while back and it emphasised NOC 0,A or B experience only so I ruled it out as a immigration stream.

I'm in Sask and I want to stay here but their nominee programs without job offers open and close almost immediately, the only ones available require permanent job offers
Old Aug 7th 2016, 11:49 am
Just Joined

GMcD1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, so we received a refusal letter on Thursday night (on my birthday too!), absolutely devastated. I can't quite believe they left that to 1 week before the 6 month mark, especially after sending the RPRF request 3 weeks ago. Gutted, because although we knew not to get too excited after receiving the RPRF request, that letter actually says 'you have been found eligible' so then why 3 weeks later send you a letter saying you have been found ineligible?! It was because of an issue with my education score, they are saying that my 2 year UK diploma is not accepted as an additional qualification with my degree, even though my WES certificate says it is the equivalent of a Canadian diploma. Without that my points drop from 460 to 428, and now that I have just had my birthday I lose a further 5 points, so we don't really stand a chance of getting drawn.

We are going to see our lawyer next week to see what our options are.
Old Aug 7th 2016, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GMcD1983
Hi all, so we received a refusal letter on Thursday night (on my birthday too!), absolutely devastated. I can't quite believe they left that to 1 week before the 6 month mark, especially after sending the RPRF request 3 weeks ago. Gutted, because although we knew not to get too excited after receiving the RPRF request, that letter actually says 'you have been found eligible' so then why 3 weeks later send you a letter saying you have been found ineligible?! It was because of an issue with my education score, they are saying that my 2 year UK diploma is not accepted as an additional qualification with my degree, even though my WES certificate says it is the equivalent of a Canadian diploma. Without that my points drop from 460 to 428, and now that I have just had my birthday I lose a further 5 points, so we don't really stand a chance of getting drawn.

We are going to see our lawyer next week to see what our options are.
That's pretty bad that WES say it is and they say it isn't! I was under the impression CIC took the conclusion of WES and didn't then perform their own assessment which could result in something different to WES!

At least you're still in the pool so I guess you can keep applying for jobs through Canada job bank or try for a PNP programme?
Old Aug 8th 2016, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all, I just submitted my Express entry profile and I got back a 'Not eligible' email in my inbox almost instantly. Suffice to say I'm pretty gutted.
Is there any way to bump up my points?

I'm still looking for a job in my field and have over two years experience in my profession outside of Canada, Canadian equivalent bachelors & masters degrees , 8.5 IELTS score, under 30yrs old, no spouse/dependents.

I'm not sure what else I can do, my IEC permit doesn't authorise enrolling in school or vocational courses so I'm pretty stuck. Any ideas would be really appreciated.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If you think you are actually eligible (according to the criteria), try redoing the profile. Sometimes this happens.

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
If you think you are actually eligible (according to the criteria), try redoing the profile. Sometimes this happens.

S
Thanks Snowy, when I complete the eligibility form at the initial stage, it does say I'm eligible. So I'm not sure what areas I need to amend when I get to the forms checklist. Will try again and see.
Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2016, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you just have to fiddle and try a few times to get it to come back as eligible.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.