Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Apr 12th 2015, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Draw on the 10th.

925 ITAs, lowest score was 469.

Slight increase in score from last time, and a smaller draw.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Unusual for a draw this early in the month... They've all been 20th / 27th -ish so far. I wonder whether that pattern is changing now?

I'm hoping that the points stay around that mark until after I get my CELPIP results (took the test on Saturday), it's the only thing I'm left waiting for!
Old Apr 14th 2015, 3:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Unusual for a draw this early in the month... They've all been 20th / 27th -ish so far. I wonder whether that pattern is changing now?

I'm hoping that the points stay around that mark until after I get my CELPIP results (took the test on Saturday), it's the only thing I'm left waiting for!
1. CIC said there would be 15-25 draws in the year. So it almost likes there will be 2 draws per month.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

NineTails is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if this has been asked already, but where can I find out my scores?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NineTails
Sorry if this has been asked already, but where can I find out my scores?
Let me google that for you

Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just applied for express entry today. Recieved a score of 896 and met the criteria for CEC and FTW. I didn't get my education assessed and I also put $0 for the available funds. Fingers crossed that doesn't bite me in the A and I get an ITA soon!
Old Apr 15th 2015, 5:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Just applied for express entry today. Recieved a score of 896 and met the criteria for CEC and FTW. I didn't get my education assessed and I also put $0 for the available funds. Fingers crossed that doesn't bite me in the A and I get an ITA soon!
1. No, you don't meet the requirements for Skilled worker, no ECA no funds, assuming you have 1 year continuous skilled work in Canada, then you qualify for CEC, with no ECA you won't get any education points in Skilled Trade.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a score that you should have that is a minimum before you are eligible to apply through the Express Entry federal skilled worker route ? My score isn't that high, and wondered if there is a score where you begin to think its probably not worth applying through Express Entry?
Old Apr 15th 2015, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. No, you don't meet the requirements for Skilled worker, no ECA no funds, assuming you have 1 year continuous skilled work in Canada, then you qualify for CEC, with no ECA you won't get any education points in Skilled Trade.

I'm sorry to inform you but that it incorrect.... How can this be, I hear you ask? Well after I submitted my application I got a message in mycic telling me my CRS total and the breakdown of my score. It then went on to tell me that I didn't meet the criteria for PNP, FSW but met the criteria for CEC and FTW... You don't need an ECA for the trade worker scheme

Secondary menu
FAQ SecuritySystem Requirements Privacy Print Logout
Help - Federal Skilled Trades
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.

To qualify, you must:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
• meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening),
• have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply,
• meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
• have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 10:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

I'm sorry to inform you but that it incorrect.... How can this be, I hear you ask? Well after I submitted my application I got a message in mycic telling me my CRS total and the breakdown of my score. It then went on to tell me that I didn't meet the criteria for PNP, FSW but met the criteria for CEC and FTW... You don't need an ECA for the trade worker scheme

Secondary menu
FAQ SecuritySystem Requirements Privacy Print Logout
Help - Federal Skilled Trades
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.

To qualify, you must:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
• meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening),
• have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply,
• meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
• have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.
1. Go back read my reply. with no ECA you won't get any education points in Skilled Trade.

Or you can read what CIC says under Skilled Trade EE

"Education

There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree

OR

an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to Canadian education standards.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Go back read my reply. with no ECA you won't get any education points in Skilled Trade.

Or you can read what CIC says under Skilled Trade EE

"Education

There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree

OR

an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to Canadian education standards.

Hi there, I didn't get any points for my education because I put no under the ECA question.

I have been in Canada for nearly 2 years therefore I have the minimum 1 year requirement that it stated in my previous post. I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm simply just stating what the CIC has told me I qualify under.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Wheatpack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Does anyone has any insight into software engineer profession for Express Entry. I am in senior developer role with 10+ years of experience. Wanted to suss what my chances will be if I apply for Express entry profile.

Any similar experiences/scores are appreciated.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm simply just stating what the CIC has told me I qualify under.
Yes, but what PMM hasn't stated doesn't contradict that. You told him he was wrong, but you've misread what he said as he never stated that you wouldn't be eligible for FST/CEC.

HTH.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Is there a score that you should have that is a minimum before you are eligible to apply through the Express Entry federal skilled worker route ? My score isn't that high, and wondered if there is a score where you begin to think its probably not worth applying through Express Entry?
67/100 on this: Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers

Then as high score as possible out of 1200. You can use this: Express Entry Points Calculator — Rui Chen, Canadian Immigration Lawyer

I would say anything less than 400 and you're wasting your time. To be honest, I think anything less than 450 and you're probably wasting your time, too. But the score did drop down to 453 the other week, so you never know. I have 444 and am entering the pool.

I would be shocked if it drops below 400, but you just never know. Personally, I'd say unless you have a really low score, then throw your hat in the ring and see what happens.

What's worse - being in the pool and never getting picked? Or not being in the pool when the cutoff drops below your score? No brainer, if you ask me.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Wheatpack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kswoosh

I would say anything less than 400 and you're wasting your time. To be honest, I think anything less than 450 and you're probably wasting your time, too. But the score did drop down to 453 the other week, so you never know. I have 444 and am entering the pool.

I would be shocked if it drops below 400, but you just never know.
Its very hard to score 400 without Canadian job, education or top score in IELTS. Very few candidates will be above 400. They are never going to meet their quotas of 100k per year, if they don't drop it down 350.

350 won't surprise me as they need to issue 5k-10k ITAs per month if they need to meet quota of annual migrant intake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.