Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Apr 1st 2015, 2:46 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

On our application profile/details page next to 'A background check is needed' it has gone from 'not started' to 'in progress'.

It looks like things are moving along nicely now

Nerve wracking to say the least though.

Does anyone else have any EE progress updates??
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

ITA with a score of 1123
PR application sent today 53 days after the ITA.
getting documentation from my previous employers was the most challenging thing 60 days goes by quick when you are waiting for people to respond.

Anyone have any insight into CIC meeting the 6 month or less commitment. it is my understanding that the previous long wait times were more to do with backlog rather than the actual time to look at an application. As EE scheme has no backlog it will be interesting to see how quick they can turn the applications around.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had an ITA through CEC? I'm just wondering the documentation that they require. I get my IELTS results back April 10th. My police certs from Scotland are in the mail over to me in vancouver. I decided against getting an ECA as I should have enough points without it. What information from previous employers are they looking for?

Anything will be a great help!

Cheers and good luck everyone
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:29 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Has anyone had an ITA through CEC? I'm just wondering the documentation that they require. I get my IELTS results back April 10th. My police certs from Scotland are in the mail over to me in vancouver. I decided against getting an ECA as I should have enough points without it. What information from previous employers are they looking for?

Anything will be a great help!

Cheers and good luck everyone
I would think that's a risky strategy...do you have enough points if they pull the ITA mark back up to the 880's?

They are looking for a standard reference...how long you worked there at how many hours, salary and job responsibilities. We drafted our letters for our previous employers to make things easier for them so all they had to was print and sign and scan back to us...
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I would think that's a risky strategy...do you have enough points if they pull the ITA mark back up to the 880's?

They are looking for a standard reference...how long you worked there at how many hours, salary and job responsibilities. We drafted our letters for our previous employers to make things easier for them so all they had to was print and sign and scan back to us...
Thanks for your reply...

Going by an online calculator and my own take on the CRS I'm looking at around 820 for points without education points.

My worry is that 2 companies I used to work for back in Scotland are now non-existent. If I gave you my email would you be able to forward me your drafted letter? Just so I have some sort of idea what to send to my previous employer?

I hope that doesn't come across rude or anything.

I appreciate you replying and helping
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:53 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Thanks for your reply...

Going by an online calculator and my own take on the CRS I'm looking at around 820 for points without education points.

My worry is that 2 companies I used to work for back in Scotland are now non-existent. If I gave you my email would you be able to forward me your drafted letter? Just so I have some sort of idea what to send to my previous employer?

I hope that doesn't come across rude or anything.

I appreciate you replying and helping
Not really...as a doctor and a nurse our roles were pretty specific... I took the NOC code though and just geared my job responsibilities to what the NOC code says.... Although they were anyway. I just worded them as such.

Do you have pay stubs /p60's for previous employers of they are no longer around. A letter written explaining with them attached should suffice.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

I've had to add an explanatory letter, because two of my previous employers point blank refused to include anything in the Reference letter apart from dates of employment, final salary, hours of work and job title. They would not include Responsibilities.

One of those was the UK's largest construction company, Balfour Beatty.

That was an improvement to their initial response which was a refusal to provide one at all 'because it required access to archived records'. That is why they are archived - so they can be accessed...Lazy bastards.

Their HR department SUCKS. It did when I worked for them though.

Last edited by withabix; Apr 2nd 2015 at 7:15 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
I've had to add an explanatory letter, because two of my previous employers point blank refused to include anything in the Reference letter apart from dates of employment, final salary, hours of work and job title. They would not include Responsibilities.

One of those was the UK's largest construction company, Balfour Beatty.

That was an improvement to their initial response which was a refusal to provide one at all 'because it required access to archived records'. That is why they are archived - so they can be accessed...Lazy bastards.

Their HR department SUCKS. It did when I worked for them though.
Do you still have any payslips or tax forms from when you worked there? Including them might help to solidify that you really did work there.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Do you still have any payslips or tax forms from when you worked there? Including them might help to solidify that you really did work there.
Why would I keep anything for more than the 6 years you are supposed to keep such personal records in the UK?

They confirmed dates, salary and position. That is all that is relevant. CIC are quite welcome to phone the lazy bastards in the HR department if they require more information. That's why the contact details are required to be provided...
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Greenthumbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all, I wonder if someone could do me a favour. The CIC website is confusing me, it's sending me round in circles.

I'm looking for a list of the paperwork that we need to include with our EE FSW application, so I can work out what would be beneficial to start organising now, while waiting for our ITA. I can't find a simple list of what they'll need me to submit for the FSW programme in the 60 days we're given. I can only find the old checklist, which doesn't have the medical on, but the medical is referenced elsewhere, so I'm sure should be on it, and this makes me wonder what else is not on the list I do have ...

I think we'll get an ITA in the first draw after we submit our profile, so I'm keen to get going now.

Thanks for your help, I've really tried to find this on my own, but failed!
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 11:03 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Greenthumbs
Evening all, I wonder if someone could do me a favour. The CIC website is confusing me, it's sending me round in circles.

I'm looking for a list of the paperwork that we need to include with our EE FSW application, so I can work out what would be beneficial to start organising now, while waiting for our ITA. I can't find a simple list of what they'll need me to submit for the FSW programme in the 60 days we're given. I can only find the old checklist, which doesn't have the medical on, but the medical is referenced elsewhere, so I'm sure should be on it, and this makes me wonder what else is not on the list I do have ...

I think we'll get an ITA in the first draw after we submit our profile, so I'm keen to get going now.

You don't get your checklist until after your ITA but if you look back through the other EE threads you will find what you are looking for. Only a handful of us on her have submitted completed applications so far
Old Apr 4th 2015, 12:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Greenthumbs

1. Here is a checklist for FSW

Employment Records Job 1 (required)

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) Not older than 3 months when submitted.

"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you lived for 6 months or more.

Certain countries will not issue a police certificate, or provide the certificate directly to you. If this applies to you please provide a letter of explanation in lieu of a police certificate.

You will be advised if you are required to obtain a police certificate for Canada."

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

You must scan all proof of funds documents and save them as one file."

Education Diplomas/Degrees (required)

"You must provide proof that you completed your post‑secondary education, such as a diploma and/or degree.

Examples of post‑secondary education are:

trade/apprenticeship
training completed in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics
non-university certificate/diploma
training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician)
a Bachelor's degree
an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum; also called a baccalaureate. (e.g., a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education)
a Master's degree
an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university (You must have completed a Bachelor's degree before a Master's degree can be earned.)
A Ph.D. (A Ph.D. is the highest university degree usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master's degree before a PhD can be earned.)"

Proof of Medical Exam (required)

"You require a medical exam.

Instructions on how to get an upfront medical exam are available at: Medical exam requirements for temporary residents (visitors, students and workers) Opens a new window

In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload either the information printout sheet, or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these documents when you complete your medical exam."

Digital Photo (required)

"Dimensions:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.

File Size:

The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:

The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras."

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)

"You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.

Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, a citizen of Denmark living in Greenland, or a citizen of France living in St. Pierre and Miquelon, you are not required to present a passport. You may present an identity document. identity documents and save them under one identity document file."
Old Apr 4th 2015, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Greenthumbs is an unknown quantity at this point

PMM, thanks very much, most appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2015, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

You will also need Proof of Funds. Even if you are applying under a category that doesn't require it, the CIC website still asks for it...bank letter covering previous 6 months.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Can anyone confirm if that's the same requirements needed for CEC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.