Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Dec 20th 2015, 2:14 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that, that helps. And is it just the past 10 years of Work History they want, not all your work history - its not very clear, since they don't state this in the Work History section, but they do state the past 10 years in the Personal History.
Yeah it is confusing.
Old Dec 20th 2015, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's been a huge learning process doing this application. They really should make it clearer about the work history to save necessary work of getting really old employers.
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 10:36 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

so I had my medical and I have the upfront print out ready to upload and I'm ready to submit my application.
However, I have to go back next week for another test (they couldn't do it today for some reason) so would it be better for me to wait until everything is completed and then submit the application or can I still go ahead and submit now?
Old Dec 24th 2015, 2:08 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
so I had my medical and I have the upfront print out ready to upload and I'm ready to submit my application.
However, I have to go back next week for another test (they couldn't do it today for some reason) so would it be better for me to wait until everything is completed and then submit the application or can I still go ahead and submit now?
I submitted my medical with our application even though I needed to go back for an X-ray at an unspecified time (when I had my baby and could get back down to Toronto). That seemed fine.
Old Dec 24th 2015, 2:27 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I submitted my medical with our application even though I needed to go back for an X-ray at an unspecified time (when I had my baby and could get back down to Toronto). That seemed fine.
Great!

Thank you
Old Dec 24th 2015, 2:31 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Great!

Thank you
I think it's such a while before they get to the medical that everything's been up loaded by the docs by then and you upload the proof that you have had the medical so we thought it must be fine.
Old Dec 24th 2015, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I asked when I got my medical done, if I could just upload the printout or if I need to wait for the results of everything to come through. And the dr said just upload the printout. And then once she gets the results of the tests and X-rays she's put them all together on your file on eMedical. She did say hopefully she'll get the results in a week's time with it being Christmas, but she said not to worry anyway since it should be all on by the time CIC get round to checking. I think as long as your printout has on it that you've got chest x rays on your list of exams required, and the results are still outstanding.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Quick Question (first time on this thread), I completed and submitted my profile and received an automated 'ineligable profile' response literally 2 mins later with no scores whatsoever given. I have over 10 years experience in Management across tourism/travel and Retail sectors (which I stated) and also hold a 3 year UK degree. I completed my IELTS also prior to completing my online profile.......slightly at a loss and demoralised at this response......can anyone provide guidance or insight as to why this may have occurred? (I have not yet certified my UK qualification)
Old Dec 27th 2015, 11:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi All

Quick Question (first time on this thread), I completed and submitted my profile and received an automated 'ineligable profile' response literally 2 mins later with no scores whatsoever given. I have over 10 years experience in Management across tourism/travel and Retail sectors (which I stated) and also hold a 3 year UK degree. I completed my IELTS also prior to completing my online profile.......slightly at a loss and demoralised at this response......can anyone provide guidance or insight as to why this may have occurred? (I have not yet certified my UK qualification)

Did you follow the steps here? Fill out your profile – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi All

If you have not yet completed an ECA, you would be ineligible for FSW. If you have no Canadian work experience (or Canadian education) then you would be ineligible for CEC. You need to qualify for one of these streams (or FST but I imagine that this won't apply to you) in order to be allowed to apply for EE.

Once you get your ECA done, you should be eligible.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the prompt response and reinstalling some faith! Much appreciated
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:35 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by bc2015
If you have not yet completed an ECA, you would be ineligible for FSW. If you have no Canadian work experience (or Canadian education) then you would be ineligible for CEC. You need to qualify for one of these streams (or FST but I imagine that this won't apply to you) in order to be allowed to apply for EE.

Once you get your ECA done, you should be eligible.
For FSW you also have to meet the 67 points to qualify
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again! The 67pts, what criteria does this relate to?
Old Dec 28th 2015, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Here's a link for the FSW - the 67 is based on 6 factors:
Determine your eligibility – Federal skilled workers
Old Dec 28th 2015, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

i was also wondering about the 67 points FSW eligibility, since I notice that after submitting your application after an ITA that they review your application and review once again your eligibility. Prior to submitting my application it does say on my profile that I'm eligible under the FSW category. I was wondering how accurate this is if they review this again after you submit your application for PR (when I log into myCIC and look at the progress of my application, next to eligibility, it says 'review in progress'). I'm just a bit concerned since when I was calculating my points for eligibility under FSW, my points to the pass mark were very tight since I took a long career break from the NOC I applied under. Although I have worked over 6 years in the NOC in total, a lot of those years are out-with the past 10 years. My long career break was in the recent 10 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.