Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Dec 16th 2015, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Anyone from August submission hearing anything back yet?

I got asked to submit info about my family, but nothing more since. Background check is 'in progress' but that's the only real change.

Been 4 months now, and I know a lot of people were being processed in 3, so starting to get a bit bored of waiting. I'm being impatient!!
Sorry it's been a while so I've forgotten which steam you're applying through?

I went through CEC in just over 2 months, but FSW seems to be a month or so longer (plus any delay they have while requesting extra documentation).

You should almost be there! Have you had any "update" emails that when you signed in showed nothing new? Have you checked out your ecas account? Unfortunately you're in the bulk part of the waiting game now!
Old Dec 16th 2015, 2:35 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro

I went through CEC in just over 2 months, but FSW seems to be a month or so longer (plus any delay they have while requesting extra documentation).
Wow that proof of funds really adds to the timescale then (the only difference between CEC and FSW).

When do you get the ECAS account, is it as soon as you have submitted?
Old Dec 16th 2015, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Wow that proof of funds really adds to the timescale then (the only difference between CEC and FSW).

When do you get the ECAS account, is it as soon as you have submitted?
Ecas will become active a while after you submit, so you just have to keep checking until it will actually let you sign in! No emails or notifications. Many people day that it's not all that accurate and doesn't give you that much extra information, but I liked it for the fact that it did actually update through the process, unlike MyCIC.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:16 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Ecas will become active a while after you submit, so you just have to keep checking until it will actually let you sign in! No emails or notifications. Many people day that it's not all that accurate and doesn't give you that much extra information, but I liked it for the fact that it did actually update through the process, unlike MyCIC.
Thanks! Will I be sent log in information?
Old Dec 17th 2015, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thanks! Will I be sent log in information?
No, you just log in with your personal information (App Number, Name, DOB & POB).
Old Dec 18th 2015, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered - I've just had my upfront medical for PR application through FSW. I've got my eMedical printout form. Do I just upload this and that's all I need to do for the medical exam part of the application? I was reading in the CIC instructions about including an IME number in the eAPR. I don't have an IME - the section says I'm non EDE. I don't really understand all the abbreviations. Top of my form has a UMI number.
Is there anything else I need to fill out anywhere on the online application about my medical. any of these numbers I need to provide?
Old Dec 18th 2015, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Just wondered - I've just had my upfront medical for PR application through FSW. I've got my eMedical printout form. Do I just upload this and that's all I need to do for the medical exam part of the application? I was reading in the CIC instructions about including an IME number in the eAPR. I don't have an IME - the section says I'm non EDE. I don't really understand all the abbreviations. Top of my form has a UMI number.
Is there anything else I need to fill out anywhere on the online application about my medical. any of these numbers I need to provide?
I can't explicitly answer your questions, but I can reassure you by saying that what you're describing is exactly what I had on the form I uploaded for my application.

I believe that they just need to look up your UMI in the eMedical database and all the information is there.

I had no problems with my application, and I just uploaded the printout as is. HTH
Old Dec 19th 2015, 12:37 am
Bex in the city

Just wondered - I've just had my upfront medical for PR application through FSW. I've got my eMedical printout form. Do I just upload this and that's all I need to do for the medical exam part of the application? I was reading in the CIC instructions about including an IME number in the eAPR. I don't have an IME - the section says I'm non EDE. I don't really understand all the abbreviations. Top of my form has a UMI number. Is there anything else I need to fill out anywhere on the online application about my medical. any of these numbers I need to provide?
Upload the print out (emedical form)
Old Dec 19th 2015, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

This Friday's draw (surely the last of the year) stats were 1503 invitations, 460 points.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks KuroKuro and beckiwoo, I'll do that. It's been a bit of a learning curve submitting these applications, but really appreciate the advice and knowledge from everyone on this forum.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Just a little question to double check - I know in the Personal History section, we cannot leave any gaps in time.
But I guess its okay to have gaps in our Work History section? (i've left out a short bit of my employment from Nov 2003-Feb 2004 because I cant get a reference letter since the company I worked with no longer exists).
Old Dec 19th 2015, 1:56 pm
Bex in the city

Just a little question to double check - I know in the Personal History section, we cannot leave any gaps in time.
But I guess its okay to have gaps in our Work History section? (i've left out a short bit of my employment from Nov 2003-Feb 2004 because I cant get a reference letter since the company I worked with no longer exists).
My work history has no gaps but then I'm only claiming for work experience relevant to my NOC code. All other unrelated employment within the last 10 years went in my personal history.

My take is if it doesn't give any points, put it in the personal history section.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for this beckiwoo. How about times if you're job searching/ unemployed, since they will leave gaps in work history? I tried to see how I can input this into the work history section, to say I was job hunting, but it doesn't look like there's options to put this in, since you have to put in the relevant NOC code/employer hours worked.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 2:15 pm
Bex in the city

Thanks for this beckiwoo. How about times if you're job searching/ unemployed, since they will leave gaps in work history? I tried to see how I can input this into the work history section, to say I was job hunting, but it doesn't look like there's options to put this in, since you have to put in the relevant NOC code/employer hours worked.
You put that in personal history as it isn't work experience.

I believe when they do the background/completeness checks they cross reference what's is in your work history and what is in personal history. Also
your work experience that is in your work history should also be in your personal history because you can't have any gaps
Old Dec 19th 2015, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that, that helps. And is it just the past 10 years of Work History they want, not all your work history - its not very clear, since they don't state this in the Work History section, but they do state the past 10 years in the Personal History.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.