Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:51 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Ah I see, that's good to know. That save a lot of work if they do include all that info. Unfortunately some of mine don't have everything on - like salaries since its such a long time ago, so have to do a bit more work to fill in the gaps. Hard when you've not kept pay stubs/ tax letters from over 10 years ago :-/
Yeah a lot of old work history went into the personal section as it is unrelated to what I do now so I onky have 3 jobs to get information for and luckily I kept payslips and information about them.

How long did your police certicate take out if interest, I'm doing mine today but I've never completed it online before?

Also how easy was it for you to get your financial information, this is the one I'm most concerned about as I don't know how good the banks are about doing this?
Old Dec 6th 2015, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

The police certificate doesn't take too long to complete, it's fairly straightforward. Just need to make sure you have photo to upload, someone as an endorser, and any info they may ask for. But the online form itself, takes maybe half an hour if not less, to complete.

The financial info was okay, not as bad as i thought. When I called the bank customer services, they weren't so helpful, or they may say it needs to be posted out or requested in writing, and one person told me they charged for it. So instead I made an appointment with an advisor at the bank, and they were really good and wrote the letter and printed statements for me there and then - a lot less hassle than if you called customer services.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 8:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The financial info was okay, not as bad as i thought. When I called the bank customer services, they weren't so helpful, or they may say it needs to be posted out or requested in writing, and one person told me they charged for it. So instead I made an appointment with an advisor at the bank, and they were really good and wrote the letter and printed statements for me there and then - a lot less hassle than if you called customer services.
Which banks were these?

I should be ok with the two Canadian banks but I also bank with one in the UK and as I am not there I don't know what to do if they refuse. I can get statements online but it probably won't show when the accounts were opened
Old Dec 6th 2015, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Santander and Nationwide and they were helpful when I spoke to them in the branch. At least with statements you can show your balance over the past 6 months. Maybe you can print off the statement for the month you opened your account if you have online banking.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Which banks were these?

I should be ok with the two Canadian banks but I also bank with one in the UK and as I am not there I don't know what to do if they refuse. I can get statements online but it probably won't show when the accounts were opened
Do you even need to include your UK accounts (ie. Do you have enough in your Canadian accounts to pass the requirements)? I ask because I didn't even bother to include documentation for the money that I have back home. XD
Old Dec 7th 2015, 4:22 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Do you even need to include your UK accounts (ie. Do you have enough in your Canadian accounts to pass the requirements)? I ask because I didn't even bother to include documentation for the money that I have back home. XD
That is a good point and I have debated this on a FB group for EE.

The people on there say that they want to see ALL financial accounts and information but in theory really CIC only want to see proof of funds.

Over my two Canadian accounts I have the funds right now and I know I have had them over the last 6 months except maybe I was $1000 short because I have been saving gradually. I don't know if they could refuse me saying 6 months ago you had $11,000 and now you have $13,000 but because you haven't had the full funds in your account for 6 months then it's a no?!

You got ITA through CEC though, right? That doesn't even need proof of funds but with FSW they are more strict I think. I dunno.

Did you include statement about student loans as well (showing debt)?
Old Dec 8th 2015, 3:29 am
Bex in the city

Anyone know why myCIC is down. On the main pages it states outage issues. It appears to have been down for over a day now...
Old Dec 11th 2015, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Just wondered how or at what point can I print off a copy of my completed application before I submit it online. Ive tried to press print but it doesn't appear to print my completed application. Would prefer to check over everything on paper which i find easier than reviewing everything online.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:22 pm
Bex in the city

Just wondered how or at what point can I print off a copy of my completed application before I submit it online. Ive tried to press print but it doesn't appear to print my completed application. Would prefer to check over everything on paper which i find easier than reviewing everything online.
take screenshots - I've done this for my travel history, personal history and address history and also to show you have uploaded files in the documents section (I've heard reports from IEC applicants that their files haven't gone through despite them attaching) that is a good bit of evidence to have befre you submit
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

You got ITA through CEC though, right? That doesn't even need proof of funds but with FSW they are more strict I think. I dunno.

Did you include statement about student loans as well (showing debt)?

I applied vie CEC and was STILL asked to upload proof of funds! By that time I had been here for 18 months and was about to put about $200k down on a house and owned a $35k car outright...

They don't want to know about debts, in the same way that they don't want to know about material assets (ie not immediately available as cash).

They only want to know that you have liquid assets - ie money in the bank, plus that you haven't just borrowed it to give the impression that you have money, hence the requirement for 6 months of bank statements or whatever it is...

Last edited by withabix; Dec 11th 2015 at 9:30 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:38 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by withabix
I applied vie CEC and was STILL asked to upload proof of funds! By that time I had been here for 18 months and was about to put about $200k down on a house and owned a $35k car outright... They don't want to know about debts, in the same way that they don't want to know about material assets (ie not immediately available as cash). They only want to know that you have liquid assets - ie money in the bank, plus that you haven't just borrowed it to give the impression that you have money, hence the requirement for 6 months of bank statements or whatever it is...
I don't have that kind of money ($200k for a house) and I would never spend $35k on a car (more like $4k lol)
I am showing them all my assets (around $60k in both Canadian and pounds) - the majority going onto a down payment for a house if I get my PR (obviously not in Vancouver!).
The issues was I had $11k in one account that I had maintained for 6 months but did not have the other $1000 in there so I am just showing them everything now and then I cant be accused of withholding information
So they don't want to know about student loans as someone in a FB forum said they needed to see ALL debt even if it wasn't commercial debt...
Old Dec 12th 2015, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Oh really, have there been quite a few technical issues with the online applications using My CIC? Thanks for that advice, that's a good idea. I've tried reporting and sharing with CIC since my work history doesn't appear correct in my checklist, which can a make it a bit confusing when uploading my files, but no response from CIC or fixes so far.
Old Dec 12th 2015, 4:36 pm
Bex in the city

Oh really, have there been quite a few technical issues with the online applications using My CIC? Thanks for that advice, that's a good idea. I've tried reporting and sharing with CIC since my work history doesn't appear correct in my checklist, which can a make it a bit confusing when uploading my files, but no response from CIC or fixes so far.
I honestly would not wait for them to get back to you. Anything you think might be an issue, address it in your letter of explanation file.

Definately get the screenshots as it will also makes things easier with double checking your application and cross referencing before you send off
Old Dec 12th 2015, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tip beckiwoo, will do that. Think my letter of explanation bit will have a few things. Good idea, going to print off a copy of my work history and upload it to that additional explanation section, since my work history checklist isn't showing up correctly.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone from August submission hearing anything back yet?

I got asked to submit info about my family, but nothing more since. Background check is 'in progress' but that's the only real change.

Been 4 months now, and I know a lot of people were being processed in 3, so starting to get a bit bored of waiting. I'm being impatient!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.