Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:31 am
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by khaled1234
For Vanity I guess you are racist or something wrong with you.
Racist mm? That's a new one.

Also nonsensical - I have no idea what race, color, creed you are neither do I CARE.

Just an excuse for yourself innit?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:33 am
Just Joined

NihadA is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and husband have applied through the skilled worker federal scheme with only approximately 360 points. We have been given a file number is that a positive thing or does that mean nothing from anyone's experience?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NihadA
Me and husband have applied through the skilled worker federal scheme with only approximately 360 points. We have been given a file number is that a positive thing or does that mean nothing from anyone's experience?
It means nothing, everybody gets one. But at only 360 points you've got pretty much no chance of being selected from the pool and invited to apply for PR. Do you have a Plan B, a job offer perhaps?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:43 am
Just Joined

I currently live in the UK but I don't have a job opportunity there, how would we increase our points to be selected? my husband wants to study, would it help or would it confuse things?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I currently live in the UK but I don't have a job opportunity there, how would we increase our points to be selected? my husband wants to study, would it help or would it confuse things?
Most do it by getting the job offer or PNP nomination required for 600 extra points, unless you can see another way to increase your points by approx 100-120?

Studying won't help with an EE application yet, but it would mean he could go over on a study permit.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Would they allow you to have an application form going for the federal scheme and apply for a study permit at the same time. or would it effect your application?
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Would they allow you to have an application form going for the federal scheme and apply for a study permit at the same time. or would it effect your application?
Yes, you could do both at the same time no problem. You do need to show that you will be returning to the UK for a study permit, so you shouldn't sell up and move everything though.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Sorry about the late response, I meant my husband is currently in Africa and I work in the UK he was the one who submitted the application in his name, and wants to study anyway I was think if it would a good Idea for him to study their while his visa comes out and then look for work.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry about the late response, I meant my husband is currently in Africa and I work in the UK he was the one who submitted the application in his name, and wants to study anyway I was think if it would a good Idea for him to study their while his visa comes out and then look for work.
I'm sorry, but I'm not clear on what you're suggesting. What do you mean by 'while his visa comes out'? If you're only scoring 360 then you won't get a visa anyway. Or do you mean a study permit?

Or do you mean studying in Africa?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 17th 2015 at 1:47 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

I am sorry that I am not clear, we submitted our application through consultants and they have reassured my husband that it is only a matter of time before we get the visa. But are you 100% certain we don't have any chance. And do they tell you that your not successful, or is it that your stuck waiting for a long time.

Sorry about all the question's :-)
Old Nov 17th 2015, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am sorry that I am not clear, we submitted our application through consultants and they have reassured my husband that it is only a matter of time before we get the visa. But are you 100% certain we don't have any chance. And do they tell you that your not successful, or is it that your stuck waiting for a long time.

Sorry about all the question's :-)
Mmmm. I'd be 90% certain you don't have any chance at only 360 points personally, I hope you're using a properly licensed consultant/lawyer and not one of these dodgy 'visa agencies'.

You can easily check yourself, and see what the previous draws have been down to - the last one the lowest points score selected was 489. Express Entry rounds of invitations

So have a read of that and then work out your chances of being selected with over 100 points less than the average.

They won't tell you that you're not successful, your profile is valid for a year, so assuming you're not selected you'll just sit in the pool for that year and then have to reapply if you wish to try again.

HTH.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your advice you have been very helpful with you answers, have you been through this process before or just live in Canada and would know of the inns and outs :-) if you don't mind me asking.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:41 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The last draw (I belive it was Nov 13), the points were 484.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Then what happens after that do they start taking new applications? what happens to the old applications? we applied late August if that helps.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 2:50 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Then what happens after that do they start taking new applications? what happens to the old applications? we applied late August if that helps.
Have you looked online on CIC website and done your own research first instead of relying on an immigration consultant?

As said before 360 points won't get you an ITA as they haven't gone down that low. Your visa consultant is talking rubbish if they are saying 'it is only a matter of time'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.