Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Oct 7th 2015, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

"Nearly forgot....most importantly they will give you a 6" Canadian flag as a souvenir"

Ah we were done out of a flag! Didn't get one when we did Peace Arch
Lol
Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Hi,

On eCAS, my PR application status is "Decision Made". When I click on that, here's what's displayed :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 15, 2015.
  2. We started processing your application on May 21, 2015.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 21, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Shouldn'it it say "Decision Made" in here too ? Or is it just ECAS doing its own, non-understandable, obscure thing ?
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by withabix
Passport
Work Permit (or other relevant status document, which they will destroy - but they need to do that, not you)
Goods To Follow list (if you've still got any to follow)

We had our original Goods To Follow list from when we arrived as TFWs 2 years ago, but CBSA didn't want to look at it because its all already here, even though it included a 15+ year old vehicle.

I guess all of that stuff is just deemed to have been imported on the zero-rated 'new immigrant' tarrifs and nobody actually cares...

Nearly forgot....most importantly they will give you a 6" Canadian flag as a souvenir....

Go to Peace Arch as early as you can. I wouldn't advise this weekend unless you're a very patient person...
Oh yay! Can't wait to get my Canadian Flag! I will probably do Pacific highway crossing as it's easier to park there and walk to the boarder. I don't really have any goods to follow now after being here 2 years.

Thanks withabix!

Congrats to everyone who's successfully got PR and good luck to those who are trying. This new system really works well, even if you feel like you're being left in the dark during the process. I sent my complete application and full payment May 5th and got approved September 13th! Much better than my friends who are still waiting after 16 months with the old system!
Old Oct 7th 2015, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

SamJM is an unknown quantity at this point

Decision made on our PR application this morning!!! How long to find out what that decision is usually?
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my PPR! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so ecstatic!

(Just want to double check because I don't want to screw up at the last minute... I need to send a passport photocopy & photos, right? UK is currently a visa exempt country? The link that they provide in the email isn't working for me to check!)
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Just got my PPR! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so ecstatic!

(Just want to double check because I don't want to screw up at the last minute... I need to send a passport photocopy & photos, right? UK is currently a visa exempt country? The link that they provide in the email isn't working for me to check!)
Yes, that's your lot.

Photos need to be the right size and stamped by the 'professional' photography shop that did them.

London Drugs should be able to produce the worst photos of you that you have ever seen, for about $12.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! I am joining this thread now: I already have my IELTS results and WES emailed me last night about my ECAS I have checked my points as well and as I will 31 when I apply for EE. I will have around 468 points. I will be applying first week of November as that is when I will be elligable for CEC (through 2 employers both full time) and I have 2 years of skilled experience before that within the same NOC code. Starting to get my work reference now from my previous employer - excited and nervous
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news everyone. Sent Pport copies to Ottawa 26th September, arrived 2nd October (thanks Canada post so called 2 business day express ) Anyway, checked mycic this morning and its closed and approved! just waiting for the paper!
Old Oct 9th 2015, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR came this morning! by lunch time we arrived in Canada as PRs!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2015, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
Yay! Congratulations. Me next!
Old Oct 10th 2015, 8:47 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me what I information I need for the profile stage. I have WES and IELTS results as well as my work history and my travel history since 18. Is there anything else I need to fill in when i create my profile?

Also do any documents need to be uploaded at this stage?

Any advice on any of this would be great? Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2015, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
You didn't mess about! Congratulations!!

PS Did you get flags? lol
Old Oct 11th 2015, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Can anyone tell me what I information I need for the profile stage. I have WES and IELTS results as well as my work history and my travel history since 18. Is there anything else I need to fill in when i create my profile?

Also do any documents need to be uploaded at this stage?

Any advice on any of this would be great? Thanks
Nothing to submit until you get an ITA. When you Apply, there is still limited information required.

They will probably ask you to upload your IELTS Certificate first after you apply.

I suspect the application and uploading routine is probably changing over time as they recognise their mistakes with us early 'Beta Testers' of the system. For example, why ask you for your IELTS/CELPIP score and not ask you to upload the bloody certificate at the same time, only to need to ask you to upload it a month later and delay the process as a result????
Old Oct 11th 2015, 6:13 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by withabix
Nothing to submit until you get an ITA. When you Apply, there is still limited information required.

They will probably ask you to upload your IELTS Certificate first after you apply.

I suspect the application and uploading routine is probably changing over time as they recognise their mistakes with us early 'Beta Testers' of the system. For example, why ask you for your IELTS/CELPIP score and not ask you to upload the bloody certificate at the same time, only to need to ask you to upload it a month later and delay the process as a result????
Thank you! Great to know.

Yeah I think it would be better for to upload language certifcate and/or ECAS although I know that has an electronic number that they can check again - still it doesn't hurt
Old Oct 12th 2015, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was never requested to upload my CELPIP certificate, so maybe they fixed their system so they now can now just check with the electronic number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.